PDA

View Full Version : Help with Goudey flip movies ...

Chris Counts
12-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi, I'm trying to match these Goudey flip movies with their covers, which have become detached (were they ever attached?). Unfortunately, I don't think they will all match, since each of the covers refer to batters, and the movie pages show a pitcher and a fielder, as well as three batters. The covers I have are for Jimmie Foxx, Joe Medwick, Joe Vosmik and two for John Burns. Any help offered is appreciated ...

alanu
12-12-2011, 10:40 PM
This probably isn't much help, I only have a couple of these, but none of your pictures are from:

Ott Part 1

or

Medwick Part 1

Chris Counts
12-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Alan, since I have Medwick Part 1, that's a big help. I wonder if the hitter in the upper right is Foxx? Also, does anybody know if the pages came attached to the covers? None of mine show any sign that they were ever attached. Thanks ...

batsballsbases
12-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Chris,
My books are a little different I think I have both parts together but 2 of mine match yours. Bottom right is Mel Ott puts it over the fence and bottom center is Burns poles two bagger. Hope it helps a little. I cant lay them flat to scan them but the pics inside are the same. Al Chris The Mel Ott might be part 2 for you as the flip picture comes more that half way thru my book.

CowboysGuide
12-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Someone needs to take one of those and make an animated GIF and post it. It would be cool to see one of them in action!

Chris Counts
12-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks Al, Irving Burns Part 2 is now complete. Now I just need to find a cover for Mel Ott Part 2 ...

And Steve, I like your suggestion. When I get a chance, I try and make one ...