PDA

View Full Version : E121 question

kmac32
12-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Hello this morning to all.

Odd question and kind of trivial, but why do some factory cut cards have rounded corners and some have square corners. I have noticed this on many graded cards that I have seen. The round corners are definitely not from handling. Maybe Rhett will know the answer?

Leon
12-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Hello this morning to all.

Odd question and kind of trivial, but why do some factory cut cards have rounded corners and some have square corners. I have noticed this on many graded cards that I have seen. The round corners are definitely not from handling. Maybe Rhett will know the answer?

Hi Ken
Rhett knows more than I ever will about E121 but are you sure you are speaking of E121 and not something like D305 Bond Bread? I am not aware of any of the E121 series' of cards being made with anything except square corners notwithstanding the rounding from normal (or abnormal :( ) wear. best regards

fkw
12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
never seen one with factory cut round corners, its probably just slow even wear, many vintage cards tend to wear that way naturally.

any scans

kmac32
12-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Have seen some in graded stuff on eBay. Also have a couple in my own collection. Most are square. I wouldn't think they would get a grade above a 10 poor if it were natural wear? Interesting. An example is the 1922 E121 Leslie Nunamaker SGC 30 currently on eBay. Would scan one of my own but having scanner issues.