PDA

View Full Version : American Tobacco book?

zljones
11-27-2011, 08:59 PM
What is a good book about American Tobacco cards; T206, T205, T207 etc....a book that will talk all about the company and how the cards were made and about the craze during that time period. I saw a thread earlier about Old Judge cards now I am wondering is there one like that all about early 20th century cards, especially American Tobacco cards. I am looking for a full historical account of the production and craze over these back in the early 20th century.

Leon
11-28-2011, 06:49 AM
What is a good book about American Tobacco cards; T206, T205, T207 etc....a book that will talk all about the company and how the cards were made and about the craze during that time period. I saw a thread earlier about Old Judge cards now I am wondering is there one like that all about early 20th century cards, especially American Tobacco cards. I am looking for a full historical account of the production and craze over these back in the early 20th century.

I am sure there will be book(s) on the subject if you search, as ATC was a big monopolistic type company and had a lot of legal battles around the late 19th and early 20th century. As for the back craze, I think that is mostly a new phenomenon and you will find more on this board and other hobby places than old books. No doubt old books will talk about factories and branding but the collecting of the backs was more about what "dad" or "mom" smoked, and not about the backs in particular, from what I have read and seen. regards

zljones
11-28-2011, 07:51 AM
I figured as much I keep googling all over place and don't find much accept the T206 book or book only on the wagner card. Thanks for the response Leon.