PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Auctions winnings...Where are they?

BrandonG
11-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Today marks 14 days since I paid my invoice to Heritage Auctions for a winning lot in the 2011 November 10-11 Vintage Sports Collectibles Signature Auction- Dallas. And my order has not been shipped yet...Anyone else having this much of a delay? On their website it explains "Allow 7-14 days to receive the items you won (14-21 days for Musical Instruments, Arms & Armor, and Movie Posters)" mine is a baseball related item and should have at least shipped by now, but no confirmation email sent with the tracking info like the employee told me I'd receive.

This just seems a bit excessive of a time frame to receive an item. I paid with an instant payment so there was no buffer time for a check clearing or anything. I know some of the Heritage guys are on this forum, perhaps I can get some inside feedback as to why the delay. This means if it hasn't shipped yet I could be waiting another week to actually receive it.

yanks12025
11-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Don't forget it is around the holidays.

MGHPro
11-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Same here.. no tracking number yet for my winnings. They did ship my one item from the Sunday night auction, but not from the catalog sale. They used to ship very quickly but the last few months it seems like its taking 2 weeks for them to get the items out.
Matt

margoaepi
11-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Same here. I pay immediately, I expect quick shipment. Holidays or not, you are running a business.

byrone
11-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Received my items on Thursday, and I am in Canada.

BrandonG
11-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Received my items on Thursday, and I am in Canada.

Haha gee thanks Brian...I'm in California only a few states away from Texas. I plan on reselling a few things and was hoping for Holiday purchases, this is cutting it too close.

keithsky
11-26-2011, 07:51 PM
I paid with Paypal the next day and I still have not received my item either. Plenty of time since the auction ended to get items out especially since some of us like me paid the next day. You got your money ship my item. Why is there a hold on it.

Runscott
11-26-2011, 09:23 PM
I had a small win paid for with Paypal on the 12th that was shipped on the 21st (9 days). Should arrive on Monday.

Sent a cashier's check to them priority on the 15th for a larger win and heard nothing. I understand a holiday lag, but it's a bit disappointing that they haven't sent an email indicating they have shipped.

I look at it this way - they make a big deal about payment being due upon receipt of invoice, so I do my end of the deal. Result: they just sit on my payment. If they can't take my $28,000 cashier's check seriously, the next one will go to a different auction house.

I'm wishing I had saved more to spend with SCP and Legendary.

Ulidia
11-26-2011, 11:24 PM
I won two (not overly expensive) items at the auction. As an overseas bidder, I had a few issues that I sought clarification for regarding payment and shipping but my post-auction emails have not had a response.

As a result, I've resorted to paying via paypalm simply to settle the invoice but am in a certain amount of "limbo" until they get back to me on shipping issues.

For what it's worth, I liked their auction and was very pleased with the prices of the two items I won. I'm assuming the after-sales service has been impacted by the holiday period but, as not having bid with HA before, I don't know.

vintagebrett
11-27-2011, 12:07 PM
The last time I purchased an item from a Heritage auction I paid with the instant transfer option. It still took 21 days for them to ship the item. Haven't placed a bid with them since.

perezfan
11-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Same experiences here... they take (by far) the longest of any of the major auction houses to ship.

keithsky
11-27-2011, 01:26 PM
I feel if you as an auction company want my payment within a few days after the auction then you as an auction company better ship my item out just as fast. If your shipping department can't do that hire more people. You make enough on BP and over priced shipping charges to be able to afford it. Why should I wait 2 weeks to receive my item when you have payment within a couple days or the same day if paying by credit card or instant payment.

HRBAKER
11-27-2011, 01:38 PM
The short answer to your question is that they have no shortage of bidders running the show just the way they do now.

Runscott
11-28-2011, 11:15 AM
The short answer to your question is that they have no shortage of bidders running the show just the way they do now.

Maybe, but if we continue to publicize their ineptitude, they will have fewer bidders (at least among those on this board), and that leads to fewer consignors and a lower paycheck for Heritage.

I got a response back from them today stating that they received my cashier's check on the 22nd, although the tracking indicates 12:50pm on 11/18, and that they will ship within 7-10 business days of that date (actually, longer than the normal 7-10 days, due to holidays). Heck, with it taking four days just to move from one department to another within Heritage, I can understand how it then takes another 7-10 business days to get it out the door.

Next Heritage auction someone else is going to have to fill my bidding slots - I'll be saving my $$$ for other auction houses.

chaddurbin
11-28-2011, 12:50 PM
if truly HORRIBLE~! customer service like SCP and well-documented fraud like some other houses don't scare the bidders away...then a few extra days of waiting for shipment is not gonna change anything.

keithsky
11-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Well 16 days and still no item. I paid with paypal the day after the auction on the 12th and today it's the 28th. Unbelieveable. I have sent an email but no reply. I'll have to call when I know they are open as I can only call at night. With all the other auction companies out there I guess dropping these guys won't make a difference to me. I'll give my money to someone else. I wonder if I took 16 days to pay how many times they would have emailed me looking for payment. Just makes me mad that I paid the next day and money is in there hand and I sit and wait. I don't expect next day delivery but make it reasonable for people that pay ASAP. Like first come first servered.

Runscott
11-28-2011, 03:00 PM
if truly HORRIBLE~! customer service like SCP and well-documented fraud like some other houses don't scare the bidders away...then a few extra days of waiting for shipment is not gonna change anything.

You consider 20+ "a few extra days"? Here's what you can be certain of: people are more likely to react to problems that affect them directly. Most of us do not feel a direct personal hit from shill bidding or fraud that results in higher prices from a particular auction house. If we consistently saw that we paid more for the same item if we buy from auction house x, then we'll stop going there.

But when we see that a particular auction house consistently takes significantly longer to ship than others, it becomes a personal thing.

Besides, aren't ALL auction houses frauds and shillers? (that's what the more vocal board members would have us believe). If so, that pretty much leaves us buying from each other, or dealing with ebay. I would prefer to sift through the major auction houses and figure out which ones I feel like doing business with.

If we voice our opinions, and they read them, perhaps we'll see some positive changes. From my experience, that, along with voting with your dollars, is how you get change to occur.

BrandonG
11-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Well 16 days and still no item. I paid with paypal the day after the auction on the 12th and today it's the 28th. Unbelieveable. I have sent an email but no reply. I'll have to call when I know they are open as I can only call at night. With all the other auction companies out there I guess dropping these guys won't make a difference to me. I'll give my money to someone else. I wonder if I took 16 days to pay how many times they would have emailed me looking for payment. Just makes me mad that I paid the next day and money is in there hand and I sit and wait. I don't expect next day delivery but make it reasonable for people that pay ASAP. Like first come first servered.

I was told that we would be receiving an email with tracking once the item has been shipped. If you're 16 days in and haven't received that email yet, then you've got some time to wait still. I did speak with one of the representatives on the phone and they are not including Thursday (Thanksgiving) and Friday as part of the 7-14 days. That being said I am still waiting for my email as well.

I did receive an email today however from an employee at Heritage who had read this thread. He stated he was going to personally look in to the matter and email back. I do have to say this, with my experience in other auction houses, Heritage does seem to have the best customer service I've dealt with. Every time I've called they were helpful, and every email I sent I received a prompt response. That is why I was so surprised with this delay of delivery. I Guess time will tell.

BrandonG
11-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Haha, well had I just waited 10min to post the above...Just received an email from Heritage: "Your package has shipped via Federal Express". Yay! Hope everyone else gets that email too, good luck guys.

Runscott
11-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Haha, well had I just waited 10min to post the above...Just received an email from Heritage: "Your package has shipped via Federal Express". Yay! Hope everyone else gets that email too, good luck guys.

Haha- the squeaky wheel gets the oil. All others get greased.

Runscott
11-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Speaking of Legendary and SCP, I won items from both recent auctions. Had an issue with legendary which they resolved promptly. SCP, which ended after heritage, was also sent a cashiers check. Guess what? Item was shipped today. Heritage still has not shipped, and when they do it will be Fedex ground. Heritage...service!?! Yeah, I feel serviced alright.

mschwade
11-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Haha gee thanks Brian...I'm in California only a few states away from Texas. I plan on reselling a few things and was hoping for Holiday purchases, this is cutting it too close.

Did any of you happen to win the Gehrig business card in hopes of reselling? PM if you did or email me.. mschwade@gmail.com

http://images.ha.com/lf?source=url%5bfile%3aimages%2finetpub%2fnewnames %2f300%2f7%2f2%2f1%2f6%2f7216647.jpg%5d%2ccontinue onerror%5btrue%5d&scale=size%5b450x2000%5d%2coptions%5blimit%5d&source=url%5bfile%3aimages%2finetpub%2fwebuse%2fno _image_available.gif%5d%2cif%5b%28%27global.source .error%27%29%5d&sink=preservemd%5btrue%5d

bobbyw8469
11-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Has anyone received their winnings from Goodwin & Co?? I tried to call Bill's phone number but his mailbox is full and he is not taking any calls. That is not good when you can't get ahold of an auction house.....

Runscott
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Has anyone received their winnings from Goodwin & Co?? I tried to call Bill's phone number but his mailbox is full and he is not taking any calls. That is not good when you can't get ahold of an auction house.....

Might be a worthwhile project to rate the various auction houses based on characteristics such as shipping, customer service, responsiveness, accuracy of descriptions, etc. I'm saving my own data in a spreadsheet and plan to give all of them a chance. I will probably even purchase something small from Heritage in the future, just to see if the recent service was a fluke. But no way I'm tying up my Fall goodies budget with them again - that was a really dumb mistake.

Runscott
11-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Update: Just got an email from a representative at Heritage, he apologizes and will make sure that the items that they received payment for on the 18th, are going to be shipped "as soon as possible."

An even better email: I have finally been outbid on the other Heritage auction that I was still active in. Sweet.

Runscott
11-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Does anyone have an email of someone at Heritage who gives a shlt about getting repeat customers?

I just called Marvin at 'Client/Bidder Services' and was told that a request had been put in to ship my items, but as yet nothing's been done about it. I'm ready to scream loudly one last time, then just pretend Heritage no longer exists.

With shipping like this, I'm guessing the next battle with them will be over not receiving the items described. Please tell me they don't have this issue as well.

sycks22
11-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Heritage is a joke. It's been 8 days and they told me yesterday and it won't be until possibly late last week.

keithsky
11-30-2011, 07:50 PM
I finally got my item today. Took 18 days. I paid with instant payment the day after the auction so no reason for a delay like that. Maybe I should have waited 18 days to send my payment and see if they would have liked that.

Shoeless Moe
11-30-2011, 10:29 PM
they 1st need to determine which lots they won. They bid each lot up so they probably won so many they can't determine which ones to ship and which ones they won.

perezfan
11-30-2011, 10:56 PM
they 1st need to determine which lots they won. They bid each lot up so they probably won so many they can't dtermine which ones to ship and which ones they won.

I wish I could say "good one" because this is humorous. But unfortunately, there is more truth to Shoeless Moe's comment than there is sarcasm. :o

GrayGhost
12-01-2011, 04:48 AM
I wish I could say "good one" because this is humorous. But unfortunately, there is more truth to Shoeless Moe's comment than there is sarcasm. :o

Man, you guys complain a lot. haha.

Buy back their own lots? Wow, that wouldn't be fiscally responsible now.:D

kneerat
12-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Hello,

I apologize for any problems any of our clients may have faced in the shipping process. If anybody is having shipping issues, please email me directly and I will be pleased to look into it and help to expedite your shipment.

margoaepi
12-01-2011, 08:21 AM
I just spoke to someone there and was told it would likely be shipped out tomorrow. The whole point of me paying via paypal was because I thought it would make shipment quicker. I guess I was wrong.

Runscott
12-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Hello,

I apologize for any problems any of our clients may have faced in the shipping process. If anybody is having shipping issues, please email me directly and I will be pleased to look into it and help to expedite your shipment.

Thanks Chris, I just got an email this morning from Heritage with a very satisfactory resolution to my shipping issues.

margoaepi
12-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks Chris, I just got an email this morning from Heritage with a very satisfactory resolution to my shipping issues.

Ditto.

kneerat
12-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Hello,

I was contacted by several clients and we were able to get their situations resolved quickly. As has been noted on this thread we did have issues with shipping for the recent catalog auction and it was due to a number of factors. We are now reevaluating our shipping procedures and we are going to make several changes in order to ensure that the shipping process is smoother, more efficient, and most importantly, more timely for our clients. We strive to provide a hassle free experience for our clients and that is why we are one of the only large auction firms that does accept payment via credit cards and Paypal.

I do recommend that if you have an issue with a future Heritage Sports auction, then please contact myself, Chris Ivy, or one of the other sports CD’s directly as we will be able to help you much quicker than our general customer service representatives.

Runscott
12-03-2011, 06:30 PM
My packages arrived today.

First of all, I will never complain about Heritage shipping costs - you would not believe the trouble they went to to make sure that none of the three framed pieces arrived safely. Everything was wrapped up extremely securely.

I won somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 items, mostly cards - they were graded amazingly accurate. I graded each myself, then compared to Heritage's grade, and when we did not agree, it was generally in my favor. In addition, there were quite a few special cards that I had assumed would be commons. A very good experience, and worth the wait. In the future I'll probably just shut up and enjoy the package when it eventually arrives.

Thanks to the two Chris' for doing their best to retain our business - much appreciated and in my case, effective.