PDA

View Full Version : 1912 Premiums? Can anyone ID Mathewson?

okmaybent@aol.com
11-25-2011, 02:02 PM
I picked up these two 12 by 14 blank backed premiums in the 1970s. Haven't found anyone to ID them. Since Christy Mathewson and Big Bill Carrigan both faced off in the 1912 World Series I'm guessing this is a 1912 World Series premium or maybe a 1913 premium. Any info who issued these and under wht circumstances they were available as well as value would be appreciated.

bcbgcbrcb
11-25-2011, 02:50 PM
My guess is that they are not related since one has a facsimilie signature with no name printed on the bottom while the other was done in reverse. The Matty photo looks to be from 1911 based on the uniform. The Carrigan photo looks to be from 1909 based on the uniform.

doug.goodman
11-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Any info who issued these and under what circumstances they were available as well as value would be appreciated.

I don't know anything about them, but I know I want them. If you decide to sell them, let me know.

Doug

drc
11-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Finding new premiums and supplements isn't rare. There are a lot of mystery ones and new examples that pop up.

Scott Garner
11-25-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't know anything about them, but I know I want them. If you decide to sell them, let me know.

Doug

Doug,
You're cracking me up tonite! This is the 2nd post tonite where you've stated that "you want these" kickass premiums. Whipe the drool off the floor and head up to bed, buddy... :p

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

BTW, I love the Matty!!

doug.goodman
11-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Doug,
You're cracking me up tonite! This is the 2nd post tonite where you've stated that "you want these" kickass premiums. Whipe the drool off the floor and head up to bed, buddy... :p

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

BTW, I love the Matty!!

I was hoping that nobody would notice...

Insert smiley face here.

These two are my favorites of the two threads.

As David said, new premiums and supplements turning up isn't rare, but that's part of why I like premiums and supplements so much, because nobody really knows what exists.

It's like with the M113s and M114s, the catalog is based on advertisements, nobody KNOWS exactly what is out there.

I suppose that's the case with lots of the older sets to an extent.

Doug