PDA

View Full Version : Dietsche Postcards (Keep Raw or Slab) ?

insidethewrapper
11-25-2011, 06:39 AM
If I wanted to sell my Dietsche Detroit postcards from 1907-09 in the future, to get the highest price should I keep them raw or have them slabbed ? If slabbed what service would be best ( SGC or PSA) for best future value ? My kids will sell these someday when I'm gone. Trying to decide what is best to do with some of these items. Thanks Mike

bcbgcbrcb
11-25-2011, 06:55 AM
Probably best to grade the Cobb and maybe Crawford and Jennings if they are in nice shape. Probably not worth it to grade the others enless they are in extremely good condition.

calvindog
11-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Mike, I can't imagine any scenario which exists in which a raw set would sell better than a graded one. I would use SGC for this set as I think it would do better for resale.

jcmtiger
11-25-2011, 09:26 AM
I sent the Cobb, Crawford and Jennings to SGC and had them slabbed. The others I did not grade. I sold all on ebay in the last couple of months except the Cobb.

Joe

jeffmohler
11-25-2011, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't grade the 1907 Tigers with the exception of Cobb, Crawford and Jennings. The postcards are just not that valuable. However, the 1907 Cubs and 1908-09 Tigers should be graded prior to sale unless they are postally used or in pretty rough condition.

My pet peeve with SGC is that postally used postcards will not grade more than a 10 or 20. SGC's grade really does not give you any idea if there are creases, tears, etc.