PDA

View Full Version : Really old Kren Mini bat

LittleZ
11-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Hi,
I have a really old Kren mini bat 15". The earliest I remember seeing it was in the 1940's on my older sister's wall. At that time it looked aged and a lovely dark color. The logo does not have a diamond, and I think it predates that period. It is in very nice condition and I would appreciate it if anyone can give me some information on it.

LittleZ
11-23-2011, 08:25 PM
I was hoping someone could tell me how old this is. I don't know much about baseball other than I played ball as a kid in the street. I'm giving this to my grand-daughter and would like to tell her something about it. Most of what I found online is about regular sized bats.
Thanks for any info you can give me.

KrenBats
11-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Based on the block letter logo vs. the diamond logo, I would date the bat pre-1925. The bat was most likely a salesman sample or novelity bat. Nice bat, it is one of the earlier ones of I seen.

prewarsports
11-23-2011, 08:59 PM
I have the same bat (stylistically) signed by the 1928 Syracuse Chiefs team so you are right in the mid 1920's as far as age.

Rhys

LittleZ
12-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate your help. I'll write up a little history note about the company and include this information when I give it to her. She will be thrilled.
Thanks again.