PDA

View Full Version : Low grade vintage

robsbessette
11-15-2011, 12:32 PM
As I progress through the process of collecting post war HOF players I frequently come across some astronomical prices (especially for cards from the early 50s). I have come to accept the fact that not all of my cards will be in mint condition and have embraced the quirks, dings, and creases that accompany lower grade cards.

In fact, I kind of like the stories that exist behind the lower grade cards. Shows they were well loved.

That being said, does anyone know of a good, reputable eBay seller that has high end players in low end condition? Or does anyone on here have any?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

novakjr
11-15-2011, 03:25 PM
As I progress through the process of collecting post war HOF players I frequently come across some astronomical prices (especially for cards from the early 50s). I have come to accept the fact that not all of my cards will be in mint condition and have embraced the quirks, dings, and creases that accompany lower grade cards.

In fact, I kind of like the stories that exist behind the lower grade cards. Shows they were well loved.

That being said, does anyone know of a good, reputable eBay seller that has high end players in low end condition? Or does anyone on here have any?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

You just described 95% of my collection. They're not for sale though. Anyways, I don't recall any sellers who specialize in low grade, but there's a ton of low grade cards out there.. Just keep an eye on the bay, that's what most of us do.

Volod
11-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Rob:
As another appreciator of so-called "low grade" cards, I can understand your new-found point of view. What sets are you putting together? I have a few - not many - stars I could part with.

robsbessette
11-16-2011, 06:12 AM
I'm not picky, just as long as it's something I don't have. Anything from the 50s thru the 70s. Just as long as they're HOF. All the way from Earl Weaver to Mickey Mantle. If you get a list together, I'd love to check it out and work out a trade.

Gr8Beldini
11-16-2011, 06:38 AM
try tripleplayvintage. very reasonablely priced and usually has a nice inventory. i've never been disappointed with that guy.

zljones
11-17-2011, 12:29 AM

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Follow these guys: probstein123, and jhustle. They often do not mess around with overpriced BINs, they mainly do auctions. I am a repeat customer of probstein123 and he ships fast, so does jhustle.

mintacular
11-20-2011, 09:46 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-Topps-10-Mickey-Mantle-Yankees-HOF-/280776485309?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item415f9529bd

Might try ahchoo55, i've never bought from him but it seems like his prices are reasonable and most of his cards are low grade and price 10-25% of book. Link above.