PDA

View Full Version : Goodwin Pick-ups

sycks22
11-11-2011, 03:11 PM
I picked up this T206 Cobb in goodwin last night. Pretty excited about it. Fairly cheap.

zljones
11-11-2011, 03:30 PM
nice score!

bcbgcbrcb
11-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Anyone on the board pick up the OJ Delahanty?

I put in a late bid yesterday and was the high bidder at around $2,600. Miraculously, one bidder topped me and the card ended up selling at that price. Oddly, I never received a bid confirmation notice when my bid placed resulted in me being the high bidder nor did I receive an e-mail when I was outbid. Yes, I did check off the box when registering that asked if I would like to receive e-mail bid notifications.

My opinion, and I could be totally wrong if someone comes forward as the buyer, a hidden reserve kept me from getting the card.

philliesphan
11-11-2011, 04:03 PM
for some reason, I stopped getting bid confirmation and outbid emails from them last night. I did walk away with two items, and on those for which I was outbid, I actually know who the winners were, so I personally have no concern with Bill and hidden reserves.

sycks22
11-11-2011, 04:06 PM

I put in a late bid yesterday and was the high bidder at around $2,600. Miraculously, one bidder topped me and the card ended up selling at that price. Oddly, I never received a bid confirmation notice when my bid placed resulted in me being the high bidder nor did I receive an e-mail when I was outbid. Yes, I did check off the box when registering that asked if I would like to receive e-mail bid notifications.

My opinion, and I could be totally wrong if someone comes forward as the buyer, a hidden reserve kept me from getting the card.

I was debating to make a run at the Delahanty, but I bid on too many items in Heritage.

deadballpaul
11-11-2011, 04:14 PM
I won these two. Didn't recieve any bid or outbid notifications either.49373

bcbgcbrcb
11-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Sounds like I'm not alone, there must have been some sort of problem with the auction software and e-mail notifications. Not sure about the Delahanty card though.....

olrac44
11-11-2011, 04:49 PM
I picked up the 33 Delong Gehrig. Been on my list for a while. :)

CMIZ5290
11-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I spoke with bill goodwin several times yesterday. He was having issues with software, but every single time i called him, he answered all questions about any card i was interested in. I think this caused delays in replies on email, but they are probably growing pains if he was upgrading. I was able to obtain 3 nice t206s....

CMIZ5290
11-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Phil- No way I would believe bill goodwin has hidden reserves on his auction items...

Bicem
11-11-2011, 05:29 PM
great Sepia's Paul!

calvindog
11-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Sounds like I'm not alone, there must have been some sort of problem with the auction software and e-mail notifications. Not sure about the Delahanty card though.....

I had my eye on one card which I would have gone $1K higher to get had I received an outbid email. Ouch to the consignor.

DixieBaseball
11-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Happy to score this Type 1 Southern Leaguer on the cheap... Some of the other prices were solid and one Coupon Southern Leaguer went real high... :eek:

Sterling Sports Auctions
11-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Phil, Lot 158 OJ Delehanty went for $3555 (with Buyers Premium) was there another? If not that would explain being outbid.

Lee

ValKehl
11-11-2011, 06:41 PM
underbidder on the one lot I really wanted - the E122 of Walter Johnson PSA 4 (lot #563). I put in a max bid that I thought was sufficient shortly after midnight and went to bed. Oh well, this leaves me with more $$ to spend at the Phila. Oaks Show tomorrow.
Val

terjung
11-11-2011, 06:59 PM
I too didn't receive any email notices on the last couple of days. I was fortunate enough to nab a couple of pickups that I posted in the November thread.

npa589
11-11-2011, 07:08 PM
I realized that their e-mail system seemed to crash a couple days ago as well...so I tried to keep a close eye on things, but --- at some point, you just have to go to bed, especially when you teach kids at 8 am...

Anyways, I managed to pick this one up. A nice little name on top card, that also happens to have a Broad Leaf 350 back.

brass_rat
11-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I picked up this Radbourn...the back clearly has some damage, but I thought the image looks pretty nice.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice the lack of outbid emails. Almost made me forget that the auction was ending last night...

Steve

YankeeCollector
11-11-2011, 08:34 PM

I got outbid on the Ruth RC and didnt even know. I never got an email either.

Runscott
11-11-2011, 08:49 PM
I picked up this Radbourn...the back clearly has some damage, but I thought the image looks pretty nice.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice the lack of outbid emails. Almost made me forget that the auction was ending last night...

Steve

I don't really understand the outbid thing. I generally put in my ceiling bids and walk away - if anyone wanted to pay more than what the cards were worth, they were welcome to them.

What's the strategy behind putting in a bid below what you're willing to pay, and waiting to be outbid?

Abravefan11
11-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Nice card Nate. I was happy to add this to my Herzog back run especially since it's the "ONLY GRADED SPECIMEN on the planet!" :)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-dQwnh-rVOBs/Tr0aCgse2II/AAAAAAAAFfc/Oc4wLp3Xpkg/s640/HerzogRC.jpg

calvindog
11-11-2011, 09:38 PM
I don't really understand the outbid thing. I generally put in my ceiling bids and walk away - if anyone wanted to pay more than what the cards were worth, they were welcome to them.

What's the strategy behind putting in a bid below what you're willing to pay, and waiting to be outbid?

Well, considering that there is an active federal grand jury investigation of the once biggest auction house committing massive fraud which included raising bids to the ceiling levels placed by bidders, I'd say "not getting defrauded" would be the strategy of choice.

Kenny Cole
11-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Jeff,

OK, whatever. Besides that, what would be the reason? :)

calvindog
11-11-2011, 09:52 PM
What's the strategy of walking outside with an umbrella when it's raining? I never really understood that one either.

cozmokramer
11-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Loving this card... Now I'll have to sell some stuff to afford it! Who needs Gypsy Queens?

http://www.goodwinandco.com/LotImages/26/14a_med.jpeg

Kenny Cole
11-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Buzzkiller.

brass_rat
11-11-2011, 10:16 PM
What's the strategy of walking outside with an umbrella when it's raining? I never really understood that one either.

LOL!

---

Seriously though, I like tossing in low or medium bids as placeholders to come back to later once you can see how the bidding is shaping up...

Steve

glchen
11-11-2011, 10:32 PM

I think the strategy is that you're hoping once the other bidder outbids you and has the highest current bid, he goes to bed and doesn't watch the auciton again. Then you put in a higher bid. If the other bidder sees that his higher bid still doesn't beat your ultimate max bid, he may stick around, think about it, and bid you higher.

Kenny Cole
11-11-2011, 10:41 PM
That made my head hurt. If the other bidder has gone to bed, how is he going to see that he has been outbid so that he can then post another bid and bid you higher (which, unless he is a shiller, does him no good) so that you bid again? I'm not getting that part of the strategy.

jcmtiger
11-11-2011, 10:46 PM
I started with punch cards in 1960 " I know a lot of members won't know what these are" anyway worked with computers for 35 years, and there will always be problems with software or hardware. So bidding with these auctions on-line does not always work. :D

Joe

joeadcock
11-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Nice CDV

bcbgcbrcb
11-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Lee:

I am aware of the final price on the Delahanty with the BP, same thing as what I said without the juice added in.

deadballpaul
11-11-2011, 11:45 PM
great Sepia's Paul!

Thanks Jeff

Runscott
11-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Loving this card... Now I'll have to sell some stuff to afford it! Who needs Gypsy Queens?

http://www.goodwinandco.com/LotImages/26/14a_med.jpeg

I think I'm getting sick. That was one of the 1872 cdv set that I sold about eight years ago, like an idiot. Those were really great little albumen cards.

glchen
11-12-2011, 12:44 AM
That made my head hurt. If the other bidder has gone to bed, how is he going to see that he has been outbid so that he can then post another bid and bid you higher (which, unless he is a shiller, does him no good) so that you bid again? I'm not getting that part of the strategy.

Right, the other bidder will only see that he has been outbid if you put in your max bid than just an increment up. For example, if you have an internal max bid of $500 for a lot, and you bid the card to $350, the other bidder bids it to $400 and now is the high bid. Now, he goes to bed without knowing that he will be outbid by you later at $450. However, if you put in a max bid of $500, then when the other bidder bids the card to $400, he will see that he has instantly been outbid at $400. He can then decide to bid it to $450. Again, he has instantly been outbid. He can again reconsider if he's at his max for this lot, and so forth.

The other reason that people most typically don't put in their max bids for lots is that they are often bidding on multiple lots, but have a budget. If they put in their max bids on all of their lots, it will be over their budget if they happen to win all of them. Therefore, they are internally prioritizing which lots they want first, and if those lots go over their max bid for that lot, then they can move their lower priority lots to higher bids.

Kenny Cole
11-12-2011, 01:13 AM
But if I understand things correctly, he's asleep. Did he wake up sometime during this tortured experience? If not, he loses just like everyone else who went to sleep and didn't hit the high bid as a result.

I've had some cocktails this evening, so I may be missing it, but as best as I can tell, if you are asleep it's real hard to bid. If you aren't there to bid, there is a reasonable possibility that you might lose.

Leon
11-12-2011, 05:43 AM
But if I understand things correctly, he's asleep. Did he wake up sometime during this tortured experience? If not, he loses just like everyone else who went to sleep and didn't hit the high bid as a result.

I've had some cocktails this evening, so I may be missing it, but as best as I can tell, if you are asleep it's real hard to bid. If you aren't there to bid, there is a reasonable possibility that you might lose.

I think he is saying that if xx DOESN'T put in a max bid......then yy outbids xx, is now high bidder as there is no max bid from xx, then yy is lulled into a false sense of winning, goes to bed being the high bidder and dreams sweet dreams of that great card he is going to win in the auction.....then KAPOW......xx bids, is high bidder.... yy is asleep and xx wins the card. ....or something like that.... :)

Haybag
11-12-2011, 06:25 AM
I picked up the T206 mathewson dark cap PSa 4 with Tolstoi back, thought it was a good deal for a fairly rare card.

HANKCADDY
11-12-2011, 06:25 AM
collecting seems to be becoming more like algebra every day:p

glchen
11-12-2011, 07:07 AM
Yep, that's it. And the next day, yy writes on the board how annoyed they are with auctions that go on forever, and how they prefer ones that end lot by lot at a reasonable hour. And btw, Goodwin did go forever. I think I went to bed that night at 3am PST, and the auction was still going on, so I wasn't sure that the one lot that I was bidding on would hold it. Luckily it did, so I picked up the W516-1-2 Ruth strip card.

Peter_Spaeth
11-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Well, considering that there is an active federal grand jury investigation of the once biggest auction house committing massive fraud which included raising bids to the ceiling levels placed by bidders, I'd say "not getting defrauded" would be the strategy of choice.

Must be a very complex case if said allegedly active investigation is now into its fourth year.

Runscott
11-12-2011, 08:24 AM

Sorry I asked. It was a serious question and I'm sure it isn't simply your strategy to avoid the auction house screwing you with a shill. Or are you really that paranoid?

calvindog
11-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Happens all the time. Not every case is considered as important as a ticking time-bomb terror case.

calvindog
11-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Sorry I asked. It was a serious question and I'm sure it isn't simply your strategy to avoid the auction house screwing you with a shill. Or are you really that paranoid?

I don't know -- have you represented any witnesses in any pending grand juries which are investigating shill bidding of auction houses? Or did you just stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night? I can tell you unequivocally (that means I'm not pretending I know something because I'm sitting behind a computer while writing on a chat board) that auction houses have looked at the ceiling bids of its customers and run the price up to that bid.

ChiefBenderForever
11-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Sadly couldn't bid on the Victory

terjung
11-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Sadly couldn't bid on the Victory

I specifically thought about you when I saw that card. Sorry, bud.

Runscott
11-12-2011, 08:38 AM
I don't know -- have you represented any witnesses in any pending grand juries which are investigating shill bidding of auction houses? Or did you just stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night? I can tell you unequivocally (that means I'm not pretending I know something because I'm sitting behind a computer while writing on a chat board) that auction houses have looked at the ceiling bids of its customers and run the price up to that bid.

Calvin - I asked a question, it got some discussion going from intelligent board members. That's all I was looking for.

Kenny, etc. - thanks for the responses.

calvindog
11-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Scott, and I'm serious -- I think many, many bidders don't leave ceiling bids on auctions because of the fear of fraud by the house. I suspect most would tell you that. It sucks that with the houses ending auctions at 5 am that leaving ceiling bids is not done due to the potential fraud which only serves to keep prices down. But the auctioneers have no one to blame but themselves.

ChiefBenderForever
11-12-2011, 08:43 AM
I specifically thought about you when I saw that card. Sorry, bud.

Thanks man, any plans on bidding were destroyed after 8 days without power and below freezing nights, it was surreal to say the least. In a span of two months almost two weeks without power from the hurricane and this brutal nor easter. Never again, bought a generator, five gas cans and having the electrical box hooked up so just have to plug in outside and start it and will have power. During the outage only thoughts were staying warm and getting the kids fed, although I did have thoughts of the Victory every now and then lol.

Runscott
11-12-2011, 08:46 AM
I think he is saying that if xx DOESN'T put in a max bid......then yy outbids xx, is now high bidder as there is no max bid from xx, then yy is lulled into a false sense of winning, goes to bed being the high bidder and dreams sweet dreams of that great card he is going to win in the auction.....then KAPOW......xx bids, is high bidder.... yy is asleep and xx wins the card. ....or something like that.... :)

Leon, how about next time I just call you at 9:59 to discuss strategy, and you can help out with the bidding until all the lots close. You are a friend, right !?! I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express, pretending to be an important lawyer.

I put in four ceiling bids Thursday before the auction ended. Won all of them at less than my ceiling bids. Friday I did the same thing for three lots, with the same results. The fourth was not high enough, so I put in another bid during the extended bidding, still not high enough, put another one in and won. It was a fairly simple strategy, but I guess the auction house shillers weren't paying attention.

Scott <=== not paranoid enough to fully appreciate proper bidding strategy

calvindog
11-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Scott, I know it doesn't help your self-described status as an anti-establishment provocateur to admit that fraud occurs in the hobby but it does. That you believe you were not defrauded on four bids hardly suggests that the entire baseball card auction business is clean. You don't need to be an important lawyer to understand such a basic concept. You haven't seen the bidding records of the lots you won or any of the thousands others which have occurred in the past few years. Paranoia has nothing to do with this; greed does. Ask Doug Allen or Josh Evans if they think bidders are run up by auction houses.

Runscott
11-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Scott, I know it doesn't help your self-described status as an anti-establishment provocateur to admit that fraud occurs in the hobby but it does. That you believe you were not defrauded on four bids hardly suggests that the entire baseball card auction business is clean. You don't need to be an important lawyer to understand such a basic concept. You haven't seen the bidding records of the lots you won or any of the thousands others which have occurred in the past few years. Paranoia has nothing to do with this; greed does. Ask Doug Allen or Josh Evans if they think bidders are run up by auction houses.

Calvin, there's no need to patronize me, or make me the subject of your witty enjoinders. I don't know you from Adam, and your responses in this thread certainly haven't impressed me, either with your intelligence, knowledge or your status in the hobby.

Have a good day.

calvindog
11-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Calvin, there's no need to patronize me, or make me the subject of your witty enjoinders. I don't know you from Adam, and your responses in this thread certainly haven't impressed me, either with your intelligence, knowledge or your status in the hobby.

Have a good day.

Scott, I'm not here to impress you -- especially since you are completely ignorant on this issue and seemingly proud of it. Suffice it to say I have direct knowledge of what I'm talking about and you don't. Regarding your intelligence, status, blah blah -- all I can tell you is that just because every time you've ever been inside a bank it hasn't been robbed does not mean that banks have never been robbed. Can you understand that? Or should I use another analogy?

Peter_Spaeth
11-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Happens all the time. Not every case is considered as important as a ticking time-bomb terror case.

Does the grand jury get together once a year for coffee?:D

Runscott
11-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Scott, I'm not here to impress you -- especially since you are completely ignorant on this issue and seemingly proud of it. Suffice it to say I have direct knowledge of what I'm talking about and you don't. Regarding your intelligence, status, blah blah -- all I can tell you is that just because every time you've ever been inside a bank it hasn't been robbed does not mean that banks have never been robbed. Can you understand that? Or should I use another analogy?

You really need to go back to your office and just sit in front of the mirror and stare at yourself.

Can you understand that, or do I need to use another analogy?

calvindog
11-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Scott, I'll ask you again: do you think just because you believe that you were not ripped off on four bids you made in the Goodwin auction that shill bidding does not exist? That hundreds of people have not been defrauded? That a grand jury investigating the Mastro fraud has determined that it has not occurred?

There are two people having this discussion about shill bidding and one hasn't a clue what he's talking about. Just admit that you are clueless and that one does not have to be paranoid to be concerned about shill bidding.

Peter_Spaeth
11-12-2011, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAcNp2vKV74

cozmokramer
11-12-2011, 10:17 AM
I think I'm getting sick. That was one of the 1872 cdv set that I sold about eight years ago, like an idiot. Those were really great little albumen cards.

Sorry that you let these go some time ago Scott. I'm super excited about acquiring it. I tried to get the Andy Leonard that sold as well... but it really jumped out of my price range.

Since there are only a handful of these out there and most are graded SGC AUTH, I'm just really excited to get this one that's graded a SGC 10/1.

Jaybird
11-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Scott, and I'm serious -- I think many, many bidders don't leave ceiling bids on auctions because of the fear of fraud by the house. I suspect most would tell you that. It sucks that with the houses ending auctions at 5 am that leaving ceiling bids is not done due to the potential fraud which only serves to keep prices down. But the auctioneers have no one to blame but themselves.

I don't normally add to these types of discussions BUT...

I ALWAYS keep in mind how an auction house might MISUSE any information I provide to them. To think otherwise, I would be flying in the face of a lot of information that has already come out about auction houses. The phrase caveat emptor has been around a long time for good reason.

i'm not paranoid but I'm not going to give anyone a chance to rip me off either. If you can win the item either way, why would you choose the one with more risk intentionally? I have a price I'm willing to pay for something. So does the other guy. A ceiling bid isn't going to scare me away from bidding up to my max so why put it out there for someone to misuse?

Runscott
11-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Sorry that you let these go some time ago Scott. I'm super excited about acquiring it. I tried to get the Andy Leonard that sold as well... but it really jumped out of my price range.

Since there are only a handful of these out there and most are graded SGC AUTH, I'm just really excited to get this one that's graded a SGC 10/1.

It's funny how things go back and forth with their popularity. The original group was missing only Barnes, the Wrights and Spalding. I thought I was getting a steal, and ended up breaking even by the time I had sold all of them. I believe I held Leonard and McVey the longest.

Glad you got hold of one.

The auction strategy discussion was interesting. I quit reading after Calvin replaced me with a straw man. Discussions aren't meant to be 'won' - my apologies to all of you for reading past his first post, and for responding to any of them.

GaryPassamonte
11-12-2011, 02:56 PM
I believe there are actually 15 players known from the 1872 Warren street clothes CdVs. They are H. Wright, G. Wright, Spalding, Barnes, Leonard, O'Rourke, Manning, Schafer, White, Birdsall, Sweasy, McVey, Gould, Rogers, and Ryan.

Runscott
11-12-2011, 03:01 PM
I believe there are actually 15 players known from the 1872 Warren street clothes CdVs. They are H. Wright, G. Wright, Spalding, Barnes, Leonard, O'Rourke, Manning, Schafer, White, Birdsall, Sweasy, McVey, Gould, Rogers, and Ryan.

Here are the ones I knew about - if you click on a name and get a clear scan, it was one of the original cdv's I owned:

1872 Boston Red Stockings (http://runscott.homestead.com/1872Boston.html)

GaryPassamonte
11-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Yes, Scott. The six you had came out of a Robert Edward Auction in 2000, I believe.

calvindog
11-12-2011, 03:41 PM
The auction strategy discussion was interesting. I quit reading after Calvin replaced me with a straw man. Discussions aren't meant to be 'won' - my apologies to all of you for reading past his first post, and for responding to any of them.

So you quit reading -- but kept responding to the posts? Maybe Kreskin was helping you. And I hate to inform you, Scott, but you lost that "discussion" pretty badly.

sycks22
11-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I thought this was a pick-up thread.

Runscott
11-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I thought this was a pick-up thread.

Sorry, I hijacked it when I asked about bidding strategy. In hindsight, I should have started a separate thread.

For Pete, a return to vintage pick-ups:

http://www.hotautoweb.com/sites/default/files/classic-car-images/501/1950-Ford-F1-Half-Ton-Pick-Up-Exterior-01.jpg

z28jd
11-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Sorry, I hijacked it when I asked about bidding strategy. In hindsight, I should have started a separate thread.

For Pete, a return to vintage pick-ups:

http://www.hotautoweb.com/sites/default/files/classic-car-images/501/1950-Ford-F1-Half-Ton-Pick-Up-Exterior-01.jpg

I got this 46 Chevy within the last year. Original motor/interior. Low mileage, last owner had a farm and it never left the property in 15 years

Runscott
11-12-2011, 05:12 PM
John, that's amazing - congrats on the pick-up.

I forgot you were such a huge Pirates fan. I picked up a number of Pirates cabinets the other day, several with Gibson. If interested in doing some horse-trading for spare t206's, let me know.

snider4prez
11-12-2011, 05:17 PM
WOW Scott on John posting in the same thread!!!! I thought I would completly derail this thread and post. This is the definition of old school. I dont post much but read everyday. The reason I dont post is because of threads like this but I thought I couldn't resist with scotts big come back. Nice to have back!!! Now back with the world ending and everyone is robbing me. LOL

Trevor Hocking (There Leon I put my name HEHE) Lighten upo everyone it's F'n baseball cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSS YEs my spelling stinks :-)

Runscott
11-12-2011, 05:24 PM
WOW Scott on John posting in the same thread!!!! I thought I would completly derail this thread and post. This is the definition of old school. I dont post much but read everyday. The reason I dont post is because of threads like this but I thought I couldn't resist with scotts big come back. Nice to have back!!! Now back with the world ending and everyone is robbing me. LOL

Trevor Hocking (There Leon I put my name HEHE) Lighten upo everyone it's F'n baseball cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSS YEs my spelling stinks :-)

Holy Cow! It's a triumvirate of the dead posters club!!!

Trevor, I don't even know that this thread has gone to hell. When it reached critical mass, I began ignoring anything that looked controversial. I egged it on, so sorry about that. People like me are kind of why I stopped posting for the last six years.

Where are Bill Cornell and Elliott? What we really need is to get chat going again.

snider4prez
11-12-2011, 05:26 PM
LOL I am in the chatroom now and drinking heavly!!! Where is E Dog and Bill. Man this hobby could definetly use some old school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Runscott
11-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm in, but at a coffee shop that doesn't sell alcohol :(

T206.org
11-15-2011, 10:01 AM
So... about those Goodwin pickups.

Got beat out on something else I wanted, and overpaid on this one, but couldn't care less - dig it.
http://www.collectorfocus.com/images/show/traeregan/commons/3384/lavender-jimmy

Matthew H
11-15-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm really surprised at the final price of the Charles Parsons Old Judge. I know it's an un catalogued pose, but there has to be more than that to warrant that much money, right?

Does anybody know why this card went so high?

http://www.goodwinandco.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=20565&searchby=3&searchvalue=old%20judge&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=1&seo=1887-Old-Judge-Cigarettes-N172-Charles-Parsons-Minneapolis-SGC-5-EX

Cat
11-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Picked this one up...something was different about it, but I just can't put my finger on it.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5011/1903e107poolefrontrevis.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/1903e107poolefrontrevis.jpg/)

terjung
11-15-2011, 01:01 PM
That's awesome, Darren!

t206hound
11-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Hey Trae, how the hell is that Lavender a "4"?
So... about those Goodwin pickups.

Got beat out on something else I wanted, and overpaid on this one, but couldn't care less - dig it.
http://www.collectorfocus.com/images/show/traeregan/commons/3384/lavender-jimmy

GasHouseGang
11-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Picked this one up...something was different about it, but I just can't put my finger on it.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5011/1903e107poolefrontrevis.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/1903e107poolefrontrevis.jpg/)

That card is amazing. How does that happen? I've seen misprints, but that's really wierd.:eek:

atx840
11-15-2011, 01:48 PM
it's in the pixels ;)

Shoeless Moe
11-15-2011, 01:55 PM
That card is amazing. How does that happen? I've seen misprints, but that's really wierd.:eek:

Easy, they took multiple shots of him for his card and on this one he ducked.

Bicem
11-15-2011, 02:13 PM
funny stuff Darren!

alanu
11-15-2011, 02:56 PM

Looks like he's sinking in a "poole" of water

wonkaticket
11-16-2011, 11:27 AM
http://photos.imageevent.com/piojohn3/net54shared/large/4a_lg.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/piojohn3/net54shared/websize/442a_lg.jpg

Great cards everyone.

John

Jacklitsch
11-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I like Darren's variation but even the original is weird:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/jacklitsch1/E107/3r.jpg

Mikehealer
11-16-2011, 11:43 AM
What a nice Weaver, very nice pickup Wonka.

Epps
11-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Awesome Pickup on the Weaver. Beautiful card!

Bicem
11-16-2011, 07:21 PM
that Weaver is special.

tbob
11-16-2011, 09:10 PM
John- That Weaver is incredible. You are building a great old PCL collection with this card and the Obaks.

joeadcock
11-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Took an early shot at the E107 Poole but went way too up for me.

Cool image.

Like the variation of Poole E107 also.

bobbyw8469
11-17-2011, 08:21 AM
I picked this one up for my Sport Kings set. Thought it was a good price....

http://www.goodwinandco.com/LotImages/26/867a_med.jpeg