PDA

View Full Version : Request Ebay Help

Dave4Reds
11-11-2011, 08:42 AM
I know this is a bit off topic but I've seen several threads here where people have had to resolve issues with Ebay and this forum was very helpful. My problem is that I won an auction, paid immediately for the item (a bat) and then the seller refunded my payment stating that he couldn't sell the item for that price. He did not set a reserve. When I tried to open a case with Ebay I got an automatic reply stating that PayPal would not let them open a case. When I tried to open a case on PayPal I got a reply stating that the money had already been refunded so I could open a case. What can I do? Appreciate the assistance.

D. Bergin
11-11-2011, 09:16 AM
You can leave a negative and DSR score report card for the item.

Apart from that, I don't think there's much else you an do.

thetruthisoutthere
11-11-2011, 09:22 AM
You can leave a negative and DSR score report card for the item.

Apart from that, I don't think there's much else you an do.

Ditto. Leave them negative feedback. That way the seller will think twice about doing that again.

jt39
11-11-2011, 11:42 AM
If ebay/paypal can't help out, you can always email the guy and tell him that you expect him to honor his contract with you. That is, after all, what this is -- a binding agreement. Maybe cite some of the language that ebay surely has on its site to that effect, and/or threaten him with some very negative feedback.

Some people feel differently about these kinds of things when presented in a different light. He may even come away with a feeling like he'll be risking legal action, or will be violating the law (which is essentially what he's doing), if he doesn't follow through. Since he is fine with the moral implications, it's worth a shot to make him think about the legal implications (even if there's not much you can or would ultimately do to force him to give you the bat).

Not legal advice, just some thoughts to help you think about the situation ; )

steve B
11-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Was the email saying he couldn't sell at that price through Ebay?

If it was, file a nonperforming seller complaint, and leave a negative.

The one time I had that problem the seller backed out before I even had a chance to pay. I had to pay to keep the negative, but the whole process led to the seller getting booted. At one point I actually spoke to someone at Ebay who said they took non-performing sellers very seriously. The seller I had claimed they sold the item off ebay but didn't have the time to remove the listing. 3 days should have been plenty.

I did give them the chance to complete the sale, but they wouldn't, only offering free shipping on some overpriced autographs I didn't want.

Steve B

Dave4Reds
11-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I was able to send Ebay a nonperforming seller complaint, however since the sale was cancelled I couldn't leave a negative. To be honest, Ebay's process has been less than user friendly. How did you get someone at Ebay on the phone? I've tried everything. Thanks again.

chaddurbin
11-12-2011, 09:04 AM
it takes 2 to cancel an ebay auction. did you agree to cancel the auction when the seller requested it? that sucks if he doesn't have to sell the item AND get his ebay fees back.

thetruthisoutthere
11-12-2011, 09:34 AM
it takes 2 to cancel an ebay auction. did you agree to cancel the auction when the seller requested it? that sucks if he doesn't have to sell the item AND get his ebay fees back.

Chad is 100% correct; both parties have to mutually agree to "cancel the transaction."

Dave4Reds
11-13-2011, 04:26 AM

That a good point that I forgot to mention...I did not cancel the auction...

cubsguy1969
11-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Here's a number I found on a website called "Get Human." I was able to reach a live person at ebay after an a-hole buyer left me a negative for a package that the post office lost, even though the buyer did not purchase insurance or tracking and I STILL gave her a full refund (including her shipping). I disputed the negative, which of course was a waste of time. They always side with the buyer. I mean, what more could I have done? I shipped the package quickly and refunded her money, though it wasn't my fault that the package got lost.
I felt better after at least getting to tell the rep that the people who run ebay are idiots. :)

866-540-3229

thetruthisoutthere
11-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Here's a number I found on a website called "Get Human." I was able to reach a live person at ebay after an a-hole buyer left me a negative for a package that the post office lost, even though the buyer did not purchase insurance or tracking and I STILL gave her a full refund (including her shipping). I disputed the negative, which of course was a waste of time. They always side with the buyer. I mean, what more could I have done? I shipped the package quickly and refunded her money, though it wasn't my fault that the package got lost.
I felt better after at least getting to tell the rep that the people who run ebay are idiots. :)

866-540-3229

I'm certainly not a huge seller on Ebay, but when I do sell, 95% of the time I have "Free Shipping" and included in that "Free Shipping" is "Delivery Confirmation." I always use "Delivery Confirmation." Sounds like you did the right thing, but there are buyers on Ebay who will go out of their way to leave "negative feedback." I had an incident two months ago where I did not receive the items I won and paid for. The seller did not use "Delivery Confirmation" but after a few weeks he did refund my money and I left him "Positive Feedback" for doing the right thing.

edtiques
11-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I was able to send Ebay a nonperforming seller complaint, however since the sale was cancelled I couldn't leave a negative. To be honest, Ebay's process has been less than user friendly. How did you get someone at Ebay on the phone? I've tried everything. Thanks again.

If you want to call eBay,go to your "My eBay" page.In the top right hand corner there's a drop down menu under customer support,click on the customer support link.It will bring you to a page that says "Welcome to customer support",you'll have 2 options "Find an answer" or "Contact eBay",click on "Contact eBay".Once you get to the next page,you'll see that there's 3 options "Buying","Selling" or "Account".If you point your cursor over those words,they'll give you other options.What I do,is use the "Account" and then slide my cursor over to "My eBay" "Payment status" and click on that.It's the very last option on the page(Some of the other subjects won't give you the option to call eBay but once you get on the phone to eBay you can tell them your problem)Then when you do that,you'll see an option to call eBay on the right hand side.Click on that and it'll give you the phone number and a code to enter once you call.