PDA

View Full Version : Does Joe's Vintage...

mintacular
11-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Does Joes Vintage Cards ever lower BIN prices if an item doesn't sell after 30+ days? Thanks.

dog*dirt
11-08-2011, 09:03 AM
I have not seen prices lowered. I have seen him put up T205 and T206 for auction when new inventory is added. Hope this helps

philliesphan
11-08-2011, 09:05 AM
post publicly, why don't you just pick up the phone, give Joe a call, and make an offer on the card you're interested in? I've had a number of positive dealings with Joe; I can't imagine that you are going to get satisfaction by a public posting basically asking for lower BIN prices...

Jacklitsch
11-08-2011, 09:10 AM
post publicly, why don't you just pick up the phone, give Joe a call, and make an offer on the card you're interested in? I've had a number of positive dealings with Joe; I can't imagine that you are going to get satisfaction by a public posting basically asking for lower BIN prices...

+1

Joe's good peeps. He'll work with you if you're reasonable.

vintagetoppsguy
11-08-2011, 09:13 AM
I've always found Joe's BIN's to be very reasonable. He may be slightly higher than VCP average, but the service is great. Everything I've ever bought (whether it was one card or multiple cards) was shipped in a box and arrived quickly.

btkpath
11-08-2011, 09:49 AM
I have nothing but great things to say regarding my dealings with Joe's cards. He has always been willing to work with me, answers questions quickly and provides great customer service. In my experience, his prices have been some of the more reasonable BIN prices.

jbbama
11-08-2011, 10:02 AM
I have worked with them via email and they were willing to come down on prices in the past.

Big Ben
11-08-2011, 10:04 AM
I have nothing but great things to say regarding my dealings with Joe's cards. He has always been willing to work with me, answers questions quickly and provides great customer service. In my experience, his prices have been some of the more reasonable BIN prices.

+1 I have always had great service and reasonable BIN prices from Joes. Just wish he wasn't based in Illinois so I could avoid the sales tax. :cool:

mintacular
11-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Fair enough, maybe I should've called but since he sells a bunch of pre-war I figured people on this board may have noticed a pattern whereby if an item goes unsold after 30 days then this seller adjusts price by "x" or just continues to relist it at the same price...Yes, I know Joes is a good place to shop.

BobbyVCP
11-08-2011, 10:47 AM

I don't think the OP was bad mouthing Joe by making a public post at all just trying to find on info on how to deal with him.

Ronnie73
11-08-2011, 10:53 AM
All my dealings with Joe's Vintage has been A+++. The only pattern i've seen is most of the lower graded common cards if not sold with Buy It Now, would then be auctioned off after a month or two. Most rare backs and HOF'ers are kept at Buy It Now's because they always either sell on ebay or his website at the asking price.

Vegas-guy
11-08-2011, 11:02 AM
As all the others have said I've also only had great dealings with Joe's, I was told he can't really work on the E-bay price listings but if you email or call about a card you see they will discount it on there website.

Matthew H
11-08-2011, 11:14 AM
He's made deals with me on his website before. Check out his website and give him a call. Don't make offers to him on eBay. There's always a chance he'll get in trouble

-Matt

Robextend
11-08-2011, 11:20 AM
I have seen prices lowered after a BIN stay or two, but sporadically.

As pretty much everyone has said, they will work with you and I have had nothing but positive dealings with Joe's. I probably have acquired over 100 1933 Goudeys from them over the last 3 years.

atx840
11-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Top notch seller, was able to negotiate through his site and he personally made sure a delivery was rushed to Canada before I went on holidays.

Brian Weisner
11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Joe is top notch.... He goes the extra mile on every transaction and provides the fastest shipping around. Give him a call....
Be well Brian

MilBraves
11-08-2011, 03:45 PM
I have purchased from him several times, all with negotiated prices lower than his BIN.

bcbgcbrcb
11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Just made a deal today with them, picked up the phone and called. Top notch service!

E93
11-09-2011, 01:14 AM

+1

JimB

frohme
11-09-2011, 05:16 AM
+1

JimB

+1 as well. As others have said, their BINs are usually relatively reasonable as a starting point - they will give you a little % discount on a multi-card purchase via their website

Have to put in a plug for Tim - he's great to work with and usually responds quickly, even over the weekends.

As an aside, you can find bargains in their inventory if you look hard and know your stuff. They have lots of inventory ...

--
Mike

Vol
11-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Joe is top notch.... He goes the extra mile on every transaction and provides the fastest shipping around. Give him a call....
Be well Brian

+1

mintacular
11-09-2011, 07:54 AM
I contacted them and got a small discount on the card I wanted. Thanks for everybody's reply

Big Ben
11-09-2011, 07:56 AM
I contacted them and got a small discount on the card I wanted. Thanks for everybody's reply

Just curious. Was the card in question from the 1930's? I was watching a Joe's BIN card on Ebay as well.:cool:

mintacular
11-09-2011, 08:11 AM
No, it was a 57 Campy

Big Ben
11-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks. He has a lot of cards out there and saw a 33 Hornsby that recently ended.

zljones
11-09-2011, 11:21 AM
I will further vouche for Joe's so far. I lost that T205 Wallace no cap auction last night, so I contacted joe today to but his T205 Wallace no cap he discounted a decent amount, even for being a fellow Illinois resident. They work fast and have great service hopefully he will ship quickly too.

tcdyess
11-09-2011, 04:26 PM
I have had several flawless transactions with Joe's. Shipments have been very quick.

Tim

martyp
11-09-2011, 08:48 PM
One suggestion that I have when contacting a seller on eBay to ask for a discount for doing a deal off eBay to save fees. Please try and avoid using eBay Messages. It is against eBay policy to use eBay to conduct business outside of eBay and eBay is able to view all messages. You may be able to find contact information on the seller's "ME" page.

For cards that I list on both my web site and eBay, I have two different prices. If I have a card for $100 on eBay, it is probably $90 on my web site. I net about the same and the buyer gets a lower price on my site. I do not know if Joe does the same or not.

terjung
11-09-2011, 09:14 PM
I too have had several positive transactions with Joe. He does have a website outside of eBay. Perhaps you can contact him there.

http://www.joesvintagesportscards.com/

zljones
11-09-2011, 09:43 PM
I just called down, it makes the whole thing easier and faster, and the number is on the website