PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late to stop the presses?

BradH
11-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Not sure if this baseball card product has been released yet, as I don't buy it anyway, but I opened the latest copy of Beckett Baseball and as I casually flipped through the pages a typo on a new Topps card caught my eye.

I went back to the article, which is previewing the release of 2012 Topps Heritage. Apparently they're using the design for 1963 Topps cards on this set and I noticed that one of the cards they're using to promote the set is a Mickey Mantle "flashback" card.

As you can see, it unfortunately has a typo on the front (Facade is spelled with a 'c' and not an 's').

It seems like a small thing I guess, but it's interesting to me that no one at Topps caught this on a card they've sort of released ahead of time to get national exposure for the set. Oh well, maybe they've corrected it already.

ALR-bishop
11-07-2011, 02:24 PM
...unless maybe the ball did hit a decorative thermoplastic ceiling panel....or it is another planned "variation/error" card

Volod
11-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I wonder if the marketing geniuses originally came up with, " Mantle hits upper deck...," but then thought they'd be plugging a rival brand, and next came the misspelling?