PDA

View Full Version : Marks on T206 Card

powderfinger
11-05-2011, 07:29 PM
This Bob Unblaub was part of a trade I made recently. When looking at it closely I noticed that there were four tiny black marks at what would be the middle of the black border on all four sides of the card. If you look closely you can see one just above his head, one above the "W" in Washington, and one on each side of the card just above the crease. I know that they're not printers marks as they are not the usual cross hatch in the white border, so could they possibly have something to do with the registration of the card itself, or even more so with the registration of the entire sheet? Perhaps it might be an indicator of the card's position on the full sheet. I don't own many T206s and I've asked a few others about these marks, but I was told to post on the board and someone might know. What do you think?

Runscott
11-05-2011, 07:53 PM
It's fairly common. Checking ebay, here's a similar Unglaub: Unglaub with printers marks (http://www.ebay.com/itm/T206-Piedmont-BOB-UNGLAUB-Portrait-Washington-GD-/120732438806)

powderfinger
11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
I did a quick check on eBay as well and saw several Unglaub cards with Piedmont and Sweet Cap backs with the marks. I wasn't thinking that they were uncommon but was wondering what they were/might have been used for.

steve B
11-05-2011, 10:05 PM
They're either marks used to help the printer align the registration, or marks to help them layout the stone. They're found on many T206s, and it;s possible to find the same player both with and without the marks, or with different marks.

Steve B