PDA

View Full Version : 1921? Portland Beavers

Runscott
11-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Sorry for the disturbance.

Leon
11-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Great photo Scott. I bet some of the players will be on Z's and I will also bet some of our members will know. BTW, are photos cards or memorabilia? ;)

Runscott
11-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Great photo Scott. I bet some of the players will be on Z's and I will also bet some of our members will know. BTW, are photos cards or memorabilia? ;)

Thanks, deleted.

PS - Dave, thanks for helping i.d. the photo in the one or two minutes that I had it posted here. I'll add that I had this same photo posted in the memorabilia section a week ago and received no responses - zippo, nada, nil. Obviously, it's memorabilia, and obviously very few in the memorabilia area has any real interest in non-major league photographs. That has always been the case. On the other hand, card collectors would/are obviously much more likely to be familiar with these images, as they are minor leaguers who were featured on CARDS. I saw a clear relevance, but perhaps I was wrong.

In any case, photo removed as to not offend the purists.

Jacklitsch
11-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Unfrickenbelievable!

The memoribilia side doesn't even know what the PCL is.

Runscott
11-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Unfrickenbelievable!

The memoribilia side doesn't even know what the PCL is.

I'm sure they do - there just isn't enough interest in this sort of stuff to get a response. As I've said before, there's a huge difference between collectors of ML'er autographs and game-used ML'er items, and everything else. But if you're a card (and related items) collector only, you're not going to get it (or give a rat's ass). Let them eat cake.

In any event, I've moved the photo to the homepage of my pre-war memorabilia site (which also features cards). I'm sure some of the Zeenut and OBAK collectors here would have an interest in it.

Scott <=== cake-eater