PDA

View Full Version : Thome is back with the Phillies!

familytoad
11-04-2011, 09:53 PM
According to Jim!!
Pending tomorrow's physical, my beloved Phils will be getting future HOFer and super good guy Jim Thome back for the 2012 season.

He only needs 6 HR to pass jackass Sosa , and even if he hits just 1 HR, he'd pass the output of last year's primary lefthanded PH , non- slugger Ross Gload.

This is a great signing, I hope Jimmy stays healthy and helps the Phils to a 6th straight postseason berth.

Hot stove baseball heats up!!
Go Phillies!!

barrysloate
11-05-2011, 05:22 AM
I figured since he reached 600, he would have retired. Surprised he's still playing. Maybe he hopes he's got a shot at his first ring.

novakjr
11-05-2011, 03:02 PM
I figured since he reached 600, he would have retired. Surprised he's still playing. Maybe he hopes he's got a shot at his first ring.

When they were talking about him coming back for this year, the Cleveland media mentioned that he still wanted a ring...I knew he wouldn't be re-signing with the Tribe.. Best of luck to the Phil's this year.

xdrx
11-06-2011, 07:43 AM
I guess the Phils figure to use him at 1B while Howard rehabs his Achilles early in the season and then have him mostly as left-handed power off the bench. Only issue is when is the last time Thome played in the field? :confused:

I really hope he stays healthy and this works out.

bigred1
11-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Dont recall him ever being a decent fielder, hope it works out, have a feeling he will start at first for Howard, may get ugly. Nice guy, I hear, cant root against him.