PDA

View Full Version : Card Store Theft In Seattle, WA

Beatles Guy
11-03-2011, 09:47 PM
I apologize if someone else has posted about this but a heads up to you collectors out West. A card store was robbed in Seattle and it seems that the suspect knew what he was doing. Here's the link to the story:

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/seattle-card-store-burglary-suspect-caught-on-cam/

hunterdutchess
11-03-2011, 10:13 PM
That sucks! I am sure that he will be caught with the great pics. that they have of him from the security camera and I hope the owners have insurance to cover the theft.

bh3443
11-04-2011, 05:59 AM
That's a terrible thing that happened. I hope that the suspect will be apprehended and restitution gets made.
I was so annoyed by the arrogance of this thief.

Runscott
11-04-2011, 07:32 AM
I apologize if someone else has posted about this but a heads up to you collectors out West. A card store was robbed in Seattle and it seems that the suspect knew what he was doing. Here's the link to the story:

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/seattle-card-store-burglary-suspect-caught-on-cam/

Haven't heard a thing about this here in Seattle. Odd.

caramelcard
11-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Hmm, I hadn't heard this either and it's a couple of blocks from where I live.

Scott, are you coming to the WSSCA show in a couple of weeks?

Rob

drc
11-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Thank God for the security cameras. Now everyone here won't just assume it was me.

It couldn't be me. I faint at the sight of broken lucite.

Actually, I'd never heard of the store before.

Runscott
11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Hmm, I hadn't heard this either and it's a couple of blocks from where I live.

Scott, are you coming to the WSCAA show in a couple of weeks?

Rob

Card show? I don't normally go to those, but please send the details and if it's close I'll try.

I am going to the SABR meeting on Capitol Hill tomorrow - you?

Clutch-Hitter
01-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Anyone know if this Washington burglar got caught?

caramelcard
01-20-2012, 06:38 PM
I don't think he did, but not sure.

Taxman
01-20-2012, 07:12 PM
How ironic is it that Joey Farino lives in Federal Way which is 23.3 miles from Seattle?

novakjr
01-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Maybe this is the job he lost, after his girlfriend left him, and his grandma died, while his dog threatened to throw up spaghetti and cantaloupe all over his living room floor if he's not given a partial refund on some cards he bought? This guys got alot on his plate all at once. I feel bad for Joey...:D

I'm sorry, I was mistaken. His dog was gonna take a dump on people's porches, or something like that. Or was that Joey himself that would do the dumping?

Clutch-Hitter
01-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Whoever he is, from what I've seen on TV, people steal stuff they're familiar with because they know it's value and how to sell it. A burglary victim could be perplexed by their valuable ancient artifact not being stolen, for example, but in actuality the burglar wasn't familiar and paid it no attention. Didn't re-read the article, but I think it said the guy stole all the Mantle cards.

That, plus it would make sense that this burglar is a former athlete, likely baseball, and he looks like maybe a point guard or something.

If nothing else, Joey may know the guy and could help out his nearby law enforcement. Gosh, what a great thing that would be! Maybe he knows him, don't know though, thought he might. Inactive - Active

E93
01-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Wow, that sucks! Which weekend is the show?
JimB

caramelcard
01-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Hey Jim

This was bumped from a while ago. The shows are November and June.

Hope you're well.

Rob