PDA

View Full Version : Card Inventory Software

FanofReds
10-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Long time reader / 1st time poster.

Can't seem to find a definitive answer to what is the most popular or used software to track card collections. I personally have used The Card Collector (http://www.thecardcollector.com/). Overall it is a nice program although it does scream for a GUI update and I don't always agree with the card prices. The reporting capabilities are good and they are always adding sets.

I've searched and there are a few MS Access or Excel based systems but still come back the The Card Collector.

Would like to read what others are using and if there are other Card Collector software users on this board and hear what their thoughts are.

Enjoy,

Mark

familytoad
10-31-2011, 10:48 PM
hi Mark and welcome aboard.
I'm not sure if the mods would agree, but this question seems to be on- topic for the main board, where we would most likely have more board discussion.

With 100's of us fellow cardboard nuts, I will bet there are also 100's of individual methods for tracking our collections.

I use a basic spreadsheet which serves mainly as a checklist. It still hasn't prevented me from buying something I already have...but hey, if one is good, two must be better:o

I would like to hear of some other methods used, ( fancy software, back of napkins, databases etc.)

( Leon, et. al...maybe this is main board worthy?)

smtjoy
11-01-2011, 02:27 PM
I use the My Collection feature of VCP to track all my cards, I have been using it for 4 years and love the export into excel as well as the always updated prices. I used to keep my own values in 2006 in Excel, nice but way to much work, VCP now keeps up with my 2000 or so cards and their prices.

I do enter my few raw cards into it by giving them a grade I feel they are and just leaving a note on them that they are raw, works great.

The only down side is it does not really act like a true checklist, to see which you need but im fine with that as I also have my sets in the PSA or SGC registries (and can see which I need their) and a number of them I have more than one card of each (I collect a lot of color variations).

thestump08
11-01-2011, 04:01 PM
I agree that VCP is a great tool and the export feature of their site makes it so easy.

90feetaway
11-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I use Excel to help track and maintain my collection. I just find it easier to sort and sum values etc.