PDA

View Full Version : 2011 WS ticket stubs, what are the different styles?

FrankWakefield
10-30-2011, 07:39 PM
A bit of enlightenment and education, please...

I see WS stubs with a barcode centered at the bottom of the ticket, and some with the barcode slightly off center at the bottom, to the left of center. Is one of these the eticket version? Are either of these the perforated ticket that would have gone in a sheet of 3 or 4??? Which one's the real deal?

I went to my first LCS game, game 4 of the NLCS. My tickets were acquired via a printable link, to my annoyance. I'd much rather have had gone through the hassles of 'will call'. I printed mine on cardstock with a color printer. I saw some folks sitting next to me who'd printed theirs on paper in black and white, they wadded their paper into their pocket...

Thanks for the help!!

kneerat
10-31-2011, 09:06 AM
A good resource for tickets is Dennis Jose at chicagotix.com

He should have the answers for you.

Rich Klein
10-31-2011, 10:50 AM
I have real tickets for games 3-5 from the WS. There were many people who bought tix on stub hub and those tickets were just papers printed out. Due to the short time frame, they did not have real tickets.

I just wish 2 things

1) One more strike

2) Arlington, TX gets public transportation soon

Rich

Runscott
10-31-2011, 12:03 PM
A bit of enlightenment and education, please...

I went to my first LCS game, game 4 of the NLCS. My tickets were acquired via a printable link, to my annoyance. I'd much rather have had gone through the hassles of 'will call'. I printed mine on cardstock with a color printer. I saw some folks sitting next to me who'd printed theirs on paper in black and white, they wadded their paper into their pocket...

Thanks for the help!!

Frank, I feel your annoyance on this. My suggestion is that, instead of printing the ticket directly, print it to a pdf file, then print it to card stock. That way, you have the ticket scan saved and can print it later on whatever paper you desire. Heck, you can even 'design' your own ticket sheet of your favorite games and hang it on the wall.

mcgwirecom
10-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Season ticket holders paid for their playoff game tickets in advance and they ALL look like this sheet below. With the only difference being the team logo who issued them and the game numbers. Any other variety would be a box office issue (which probably has the date on it) or the print at home variety.

mcgwirecom
10-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Here is some pics of box office tickets. They include a date because they were printed after the schedules had been determined. In my observation as a ticket collector the most valuable are always the SEASON variety. With box office next and print at home little to no value. This is because the print at home type can be printed as many times as you like.

FrankWakefield
10-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Thank you, guys!!!! Really, truly. I appreciate the guidance.