PDA

View Full Version : BST - Auctions

Fred
10-30-2011, 06:13 PM
The auction portion of the BST is really a nice feature. There are always neat things in this section. If it was standardized (just a bit) it could probably make for a better experience for everyone. Items get lost in the threads as time goes by. Knowing when the auction ends (from the subject/topic line) will let everyone know what's avaialable, even if it falls down the list of items up for auction.

Just a suggestion. In the subject line put the end date so that people will know when the auction ends. Can we just put up a standard closing time of like 10P (EST) so that everyone knows that all auctions end at 10P (EST). I think it will make things mucy easier for people looking over what's up for grabs.

For example:

SUN - 30OCT: T206 Wagner (add details, etc)

Jcfowler6
10-30-2011, 06:34 PM
If we were on Facebook I would be clicking the "Like" button.

MooseWithFleas
10-30-2011, 08:56 PM
SUN - 30OCT: T206 Wagner (add details, etc)

Wow I logged on 55 minutes too late :eek:

Seriously though, this is a good idea. Makes it easier to navigate and keep track of the different auctions that are ending.

buymycards
10-31-2011, 05:21 AM
Hi, I have run a few auctions on the BST with varying degrees of success. I like the idea of a standardized ending time. 10:00 Eastern would work.

It could be taken a step farther so all auctions end on either Wednesday or Sunday, or any other combination of days.

Rick

sportscardpete
10-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Having them all end at the same time might get a little messy, no? Maybe have a rule where only 5 or so auctions can close at the same time?

Love the subject line idea, btw!