PDA

View Full Version : Scanner Help Needed!

jtschantz
10-28-2011, 08:22 PM
I purchased a Cannon Canoscan 8800F a couple of years ago based on recommondations of others on this board. It has been a great scanner! For some reason I am now getting some "shadowing" on all of my scans. The shadowing is consistant on everything I scan. I am wondering if I somehow changed the settings by accident but can't seem to figure it out. I have included a few scans of two different sizes turned horizontally and vertically so you can see the issue. I would greatly appriciate if someone might be able to help me fix this. Thanks in advance! Joel

effe
10-29-2011, 06:43 AM
I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the software it came with first. Next, I'd suggest going to the Canon website to see if they have an updated driver. If neither of those work, it's likely a hardware issue. Since you've had it for quite some time it's likely out of warranty and thus it's shot (but I hope that's not the case).

jp1216
10-29-2011, 07:22 AM
I have an older Canon scanner. If I don't use it for a month or so - I must 'recalibrate' it. The scanner does this automatically and it takes about 2 minutes. I'd try unplugging it for a minute and see what happens when you plug it back in. If I was to guess - I'd say this looks to be a hardware malfunction. Reinstalling the drivers etc may fix it. Good Luck.

Bosox Blair
11-02-2011, 01:57 AM
I have this scanner, which has been very good over the years. I've never seen the shadowing - did you find a fix?

Cheers,
Blair

insidethewrapper
11-22-2011, 10:01 AM
My scanner started doing this today. Anyone with a solution ?

jtschantz
11-22-2011, 11:46 AM
I changed every setting on the scanner several times and finally gave up and went out and bought a new one. The day after I bought the new one I tried one more scan and it worked! It has continued to work fine for the last month. My advice would be to just shut it down an unplug it and try again. Not real technical advice but that's what seemed to do the trick.

atx840
11-22-2011, 12:14 PM
scanners be jealous.

jp1216
11-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Joel,
I'm glad you're 'old' scanner is back from the dead.. Over the years, I've had TVs, hard drives, scanners etc fail. The best solution is to unplug and wait. So many microchips etc.
^^Or just buy a new one and make the old one jealous...^^ :D