PDA

View Full Version : Paypal

theuclakid
10-26-2011, 12:53 PM
I may have missed this discussed in a previous post....but, at least in my case, paypal has a new policy and will not release funds to me (after a buyer has paid with paypal) until 3 days after the delivery of a package has been verified by ebay...I had a sale last night, went to paypal to transfer the funds to my bank account as I always do...I had a message waiting stating I had to wait minimally 3 days after delivery is verified, but longer if I did not provide tracking information...whats going on here? did I just miss something that was announced long ago?...thanks....Bruce Perry

Anthony S.
10-26-2011, 12:56 PM
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=142758&highlight=Paypal

morgan118
10-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah same thing just happened to me this weekend. 12 Years on E-Bay, over 12,000 positive feedbacks, 100% rating. Because people expect you to run to the post office everyday to ship out their $8.00 baseball card and ship it for free while your at it. I guess I had issues with their idiotic star rating. You are allowed a total of 3 - 1 or 2 star ratings per category per 12 month period. In over 1,000 transactions a year do you think you might run into 2 or 3 E-Bay knuckleheads and better yet they are allowed to be anonymous! What a genius that developed this system that penalizes the people that actually pay to keep E-Bay in business.

Again I have no negative feedback and am in the same boat as you. What other business do you know of where you ship out merchandise before you can access your funds that pay for that merchandise? If someone doesn't receive the item they paid for they have other means through Paypal to protect themselves. What a joke E-Bay has become.

HRBAKER
10-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Amazing.

It's good to be king.

Ronnie73
10-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Ebay just wants to make interest on everyones money for a few days before they turn it over to you.

egbeachley
10-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Ebay just wants to make interest on everyones money for a few days before they turn it over to you.

I hear this often, but I seriously doubt this has any impact to their decision. With the 1-month LIBOR currently at around 0.02%, if they withheld $600 for 3 days the interest would be almost exactly 1 cent.

Yes, I'm sure it adds up over time. But the amount they lose if just 1% of the people who have their money delayed were to stop listing would be far more than they would ever make on interest.

theuclakid
10-26-2011, 04:36 PM
thanks for all your inputs...as it turns out paypal in this particular case is the not the "problem" as I see it...I was dinged 4 times in the past years ebay evaluation period (if a seller, see your ebay seller "dashboard" for the ratings) for shipping charges even though on every single sale and shipment, money has come out of my own pocket to pay for all or part of the shipping charge which includes insurance AND delivery or signature confirmation...Now I have changed all my listings to free shipping so the few screwy, unfair buyers out there won't have a chance to leave a "1" or a "2" feedback on shipping costs...if the feedback (DSR?) on any of the 4 FEEDBACK CATEGORIES drops below 4.8 you are screwed and banished to the "poor performance" group (all my other feedback categories are well above 4.9)....keep in mind I cannot find even one feedback in the past year with a negative word said....but because I have been temporarily (ebay reviews the feedback numbers on a monthly basis) banished to the poor performance group, with any ebay transaction that is paid through paypal, the funds are held in limbo for as long as 21 days....seems wrong unless there is a valid reason...definitely not in this case....Bruce Perry