PDA

View Full Version : Ot help

D. Broughman
10-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Picked up these two Navin Field seats today. Thought someone may know a way to get the dried cement off the one chair without messing up the paint on the chair. Would soaking in warm water help. Thanks D.

Ronnie73
10-25-2011, 12:39 PM
You could try muratic acid. It disolves most cements and stone. I don't know if it would affect the paint but you could always test the acid on a different painted surface. The acid can be bought at any hardware store.

D. Broughman
10-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks Ron!

Jaybird
10-25-2011, 01:03 PM
I'd try water first. you might be able to get a majority of it off with water and car wash soap and a toothbrush. I've done this with some success when concrete splashed onto my fence from a nearby sidewalk pour.

D. Broughman
10-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Jason I will try your way first. Thanks D,

John V
10-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Concrete vs. Mortar...don't you agree that mortar would be much easier to remove with water and some light rubbing?

David W
10-25-2011, 02:34 PM
A hydrogen chloride base product will prob take it off, but it's going to take the paint with it.

A janitorial supply company in your area probably has an industrial product available, maybe with a name like Lime Remover.

A Phosphoric Acid based product might work as well, although it will not be as aggressive, and will probably take the paint off as well. Common phosphoric acid based products are Lime Away, available at any store.

More concentrated products would be available at a Janitorial Supply company in your area.