PDA

View Full Version : Wax Box Protection -- Suggestions?

CobbvLajoie1910
10-24-2011, 07:56 AM
Mornin' Gents,

I recently picked up an some oddball wax boxes that I'd like to protect/display.

Their condition leaves a lot to be desired, but aesthetically -- they display ok.

I've looked at Ultra-Pro, BCW, etc. & don't see any real (basic) options.

Any suggestions? Or am I just overlooking?

(Thanks for your help in advance)

vintagetoppsguy
10-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Mornin' Gents,

I recently picked up an some oddball wax boxes that I'd like to protect/display.

Their condition leaves a lot to be desired, but aesthetically -- they display ok.

I've looked at Ultra-Pro, BCW, etc. & don't see any real (basic) options.

Any suggestions? Or am I just overlooking?

(Thanks for your help in advance)

Empty wax boxes or full wax boxes?

steve B
10-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Full you can use magazine bags, wrap and tape so the extra is in the back.

Empty you can still use magazine bags, but need to find some filler to help the box hold it's shape. A box made of acid free matboard that fits inside is the best, but squares of styrofoam or a bag of packing peanuts will work fine.
Or fill with something like late 80's cards - The box will have the right heft, but it might not be good for fragile boxes.

Steve B

CobbvLajoie1910
10-25-2011, 04:29 AM
Steve, thank you for your suggestion. Much appreciated.

David, they are full. The box I am specifically alluding to contains gumball football helmets (a little tougher to clean up, as compared to unopened wax)

Perhaps this is my plea to Ultra-Pro -- I wish there were a 2-piece case (similar to a baseball/football holder) that could slide together.

Box sizes are obviously different (issue to issue), but produce a couple of standard sizes, and I'd be willing to bet there would be buyers.