PDA

View Full Version : Topps sell sheets -- HELP!!!

cparker94
10-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Hello, I am looking to add Topps sell sheets to my Topps sets. I need several since I just started this little project. I am not looking for originals. I have found some images of these on the internet. If anyone has any, especially from the 1950's through 1990's, I would appreciate it if you would post a link here so I can copy them for my sets.

I know there was a guy on these boards who had some posted back in 2008 but those images are now broken links. If anyone has these, please let me know!!

Thanks!!

Craig from Texas

ALR-bishop
10-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Hello Craig. I have been collecting Topps sets a long time, what exactly do you mean by a sell sheet ? Is it an advertisement for a particular year of Topps cards ? Or are you referring to salesman samples, which are pre production cards with advertising on the back ? What years are you looking for ? Take a look at http://toppsarchives.blogspot.com and see if you can find what you are looking for on it. Great site for Topps items no matter how obscure

Where in Texas are you located. I am in San Antonio

toppcat
10-21-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't have any scans handy but sell sheets were used to promote sets to jobbers and retailers. They were a simple one page summary with some illustration and pricing plus a description of the issue at hand. The illustrations could be a little crude in the early days and improved as time went on. I think these were all printed, unlike the cards, at Bush Terminal, Topps' Brooklyn HQ. Even after the move to Duryea in early '66 I think they still cranked these out in Brooklyn for a while.

Griffins
10-21-2011, 05:07 PM
There is another board member that has a library of these, I've sent him a note in the hopes that he'll jump in and post what he has- he's always been very generous with his research.

cparker94
11-17-2011, 05:15 PM
A library of sell sheets? That member needs to come forward! :)

Craig from Texas

doug.goodman
11-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the forums Craig from Texas.

Doug

jmoran19
11-20-2011, 08:01 AM
A library of sell sheets? That member needs to come forward! :)

Craig from Texas

That was me Craig