PDA

View Full Version : Ruth Sig on Ball on Ebay

Shoeless Moe
10-17-2011, 07:14 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120795423524#description

That's an odd way the seller is taking payment for this, any thoughts on that or the sig.?

thecatspajamas
10-17-2011, 07:42 PM
I think that if the guy's legit, he's talking himself out of some money by requiring multiple forms of payment.

The < P > at the end of each line also makes me think the text was copied and pasted, but that could just be coincidence.

I also don't understand the logic of the statement "We thought we'd list it this way 1st, knowing that the certification might enhance the value of the ball." So, you think that certification would make it worth more, so you decided to list it in the manner that would bring you the least amount of money? And if you think you may have an authenticator local to you, wouldn't you run it by them before listing the item?

Overall, whether this guy is legit or not, I don't think he's doing himself any favors. I'll leave the opining on the validity of the signatures up to others more knowledgable than I, but the whole thing is just screwy enough that I personally wouldn't want to touch it.

Leon
10-18-2011, 10:25 AM
I dunno about the signature but this statement reminds me of the 2 idiots with the fake graded wagner....-

"We thought we'd list it this way 1st, knowing that the certification might enhance the value of the ball. I sent these same pictures to a specalist in New York and he felt everything was kosher, but again, if I don't pay I don't get the cert. and I risk losing the ball in the mail."

Mr. Zipper
10-18-2011, 10:33 AM
One has to bear in mind that what little value Paypal buyer and seller protection provides is voided when the transaction is made in more than one payment.