PDA

View Full Version : Worthpoint - Anyone suscribe?

Shoeless Moe
10-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Is anyone a member of Worthpoint and is it "worth" it to suscribe?

mschwade
10-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Is anyone a member of Worthpoint and is it "worth" it to suscribe?

I did for about a month. I'd like to see more information kept than what they report such as the original seller in eBay auctions. FWIW, I used my allotment of price lookups in the month I was a member.

Ironically, the company is located two minutes from where my parents live.

thecatspajamas
10-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I've only ever used Worthpoint to look up info on obscure items that haven't appeared on eBay in the last 2 weeks. I've never found it so necessary to know the price it sold for that I was willing to pay for a subscription. Maybe I'm just a cheapo, but paying for a subscription and then being limited on the number of look-ups I could do has always stuck in my craw (and no way am I going to shell out $50/month for their unlimited lookup plan).

I think they've got a great thing going, but have priced me out of it. On a related note, I send eBay a suggestion every couple of months that they add extended search capabilities (beyond the standard 2 weeks of completed listings) as a perk for their store subscribers to get more people to subscribe. I get a nice reply e-mail each time (sometimes even PERSONALIZED) but haven't seen anything yet. It makes me wonder how eBay is blind to yet another possible avenue for squeezing money out of its users :eek: