PDA

View Full Version : 1962 Post Clemente MINT 9 Question

deken
10-17-2011, 11:24 AM
I picked up several 1961 and 1962 Post Cereal cards this weekend - Clemente, Kaline, Martin and Wilhelm. All are graded MINT 9. The problem is that they are graded by FGS, I have not heard of them. The cards look like they could be 9's, just not sure how much of a factor them being graded by FGS is. I don't really collect Post cards so I will probably sell at some point. I didn't pay a lot for them.

I may break out the Martin and send to PSA just to see what happens. I also picked up some 1962 Topps Stamps (Yankees/Cardinals and Twins/Dodgers) that were graded 10's, again by FGS.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

aelefson
10-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi-
I think you will get a better response for this in the post-war section, but I believe FGS would not be considered a good grading company. Most of the no-name grading companies either grade reprints or just altered cards that the major companies would not touch.
I personally do not collect any graded material so I do not know a large amount about grading. There is a small chance that this company is legitimate but not considered one of the big three (Beckett, PSA, and SGC).
Post some scans in the post-war section to solicit more knowledgeable feedback. Hopefully, these are great cards that will transfer to a major grading service accordingly (cracked out of course)
Good Luck!
Alan Elefson

deken
10-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks! I realized after I posted that I was in the wrong section. Will correct later.