PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on a Roger Clemens auto

Woundedduck
10-17-2011, 08:24 AM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff297/woundedduck/PC%20Star%20autos%20NFT/Clemens.jpg

On the scan of the back, the sticker at the top is on the holder. The small silver sticker is on the card. What do you think? authentic or not? Plugging in the number on the back of the card into tristars website takes me here:

http://www.tristarauthentic.com/Authenticity_Detail.asp?HoloNum=6196893&Submit=Find+TRISTAR+Authentic+Record

Thanks for any help.

Eric

Scott Garner
10-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Likely real. FWIW, this signature looks very similar to others that I personally got of Clemens in the past.

I hope this helps!

kneerat
10-17-2011, 08:54 AM
It definitely has a shot...

Woundedduck
10-17-2011, 08:58 AM
submitted it to PSA without the holder, but with the sticker still on the back and they rejected it. I'm trying to decide if I should carefully peel the sticker and resubmit it.

baseball tourist
10-17-2011, 09:17 AM
With room (larger surface on which to sign) Roger's sig is usually quite nice. This is cramped but the looping "R" and "C" looks right when compared to the Rocket's I have had.

Scott Garner
10-17-2011, 09:42 AM
submitted it to PSA without the holder, but with the sticker still on the back and they rejected it. I'm trying to decide if I should carefully peel the sticker and resubmit it.

Triststar has had Clemens as a signer several times in the past. It has a Tristar sticker. Why go through all of the PSA BS over a signed Roger Clemens card. It seems like overkill, eh?

gnaz01
10-17-2011, 09:49 AM
The sig is fine.

Woundedduck
10-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Triststar has had Clemens as a signer several times in the past. It has a Tristar sticker. Why go through all of the PSA BS over a signed Roger Clemens card. It seems like overkill, eh?

Probably true, but I was submitting a few other things at the time so I threw it in. I thought it would be nice to have it encapsulated. That and other people tend to respect PSAs authentication more than others. It is a PC item that I'm not plannning on moving so it really doesn't matter much, but you never know, that could change. If I had to sell it, it would do better if authenticated and encapsulated by PSA.

drc
10-17-2011, 10:43 AM
I agree. The Tri Star hologram makes it so encapsulating isn't required unless you have a fetish for it. They're a well known in person autograph company. It's like having a Steiner or UDA hologram.

But PSA knows who is Tri Star and I'm near certain they'd encapsulate it for you.

drc
10-17-2011, 10:59 AM
I add that if you go to resell it-- sports autographs collectors will be familiar with the name Tri Star.

Woundedduck
10-17-2011, 12:43 PM
I agree. The Tri Star hologram makes it so encapsulating isn't required unless you have a fetish for it. They're a well known in person autograph company. It's like having a Steiner or UDA hologram.

But PSA knows who is Tri Star and I'm near certain they'd encapsulate it for you.

I thought the same, but unfortunately in this case, they chose to reject it. I appreciate all the opinions though. I think I'll leave it as is then with the tristar authentication.

travrosty
10-17-2011, 02:52 PM
it doesnt need psa to be real. in many instances, its better if it doesnt have psa. lelands doesnt use psa or jsa and wouldnt be able to sell anything if psa was required on every item for it to be legit. it's legit if it is legit.

its not required and you dont need to be beholden to them to think that an item will only sell and only for the best price if it has psa on it, and won't if it doesn't. its hogwash.