PDA

View Full Version : Coach's Corner Auctions Christopher Morales

thetruthisoutthere
10-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Well, the Coach's Corner Sports Auction (hosted by Scott Malack & Lee Trythall) for November 2011 is up and running, and we have some real beauties this month.

Let's start off with this Walter Johnson signed baseball and according to Lee Trythall is comes with "Chris Morales signed forensic paperwork." I would love to see a photo of his "Signed Forensic" paperwork.

You have to love this Walter Johnson that is actually signed "Watter Johnson." Way to go Christopher Morales and your Forensic Paperwork.

pclpads
10-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Looks like "Watter" signed it w/ a tired Sharpie.

Vintagedegu
10-13-2011, 11:09 AM
-

thetruthisoutthere
10-13-2011, 11:18 AM
'Practice Ball'- that means the ball was used to practice signatures.

That's a good one!!!!!

thetruthisoutthere
10-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Another masterpiece from Christopher Morales, Forensic Investigator.

A Mantle/Maris signed bat.

[ATTACH]47391[/ATTACH

thetruthisoutthere
10-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Another beauty forensically examined (he has the forensic report) by Christopher L. Morales, Forensic Investigator.

A Christy Mathewson. Yeah, a collector owns a authentic Christy Mathewson autographed baseball and they consign it to Coach's Corner Auctions. Yeah right.

thecatspajamas
10-13-2011, 11:59 AM
"shows off nicely from 15 feet away!"

Is that the new standard viewing distance for forensic examinations...?

"It can be read from over 10 feet away"

Guess the Matty warranted closer inspection :)

barrysloate
10-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Where do they get all these vintage baseballs? Isn't the supply limited?

GrayGhost
10-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Not to mention Chris that the Signature looks like it was just signed a few days ago (which it WAS Im sure). And wow, he even had the foresight to date and add an inscription. It must have been from one of the signings Matty did at a local card show.:p

barrysloate
10-13-2011, 12:24 PM
None of these 100+ year old signatures ever exhibit any fading. They must have been hermetically sealed and kept in a cool dry place for all these years.

thetruthisoutthere
10-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Where do they get all these vintage baseballs? Isn't the supply limited?

There are no "Limited Edition" products at Coach's Corner Auctions. The Coach's Corner consignors have "private signings" with Ruth, Mantle, Gehrig, Mathewson, Cy Young, Walter Johnson, Joe DiMaggio, Joe Jackson, Mike "King" Kelly, Ed Delahanty, etc., on a monthly basis. They also have "private autograph sessions" annually with George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Amelia Earhart, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, etc.

thecatspajamas
10-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Is there a good way to "clean" a recent signature from an otherwise-nice vintage ball?

Vintagedegu
10-13-2011, 01:13 PM
-

daves_resale_shop
10-13-2011, 01:21 PM
How do these guys get away with consistently pumping out bad material???

I just don't get it... With the sheer volume of apparent counterfeit material being auctioned off, one would think that the autorities would be all over these guys...

What Gives?

barrysloate
10-13-2011, 01:33 PM
There are no "Limited Edition" products at Coach's Corner Auctions. The Coach's Corner consignors have "private signings" with Ruth, Mantle, Gehrig, Mathewson, Cy Young, Walter Johnson, Joe DiMaggio, Joe Jackson, Mike "King" Kelly, Ed Delahanty, etc., on a monthly basis. They also have "private autograph sessions" annually with George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Amelia Earhart, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, etc.

I know Christopher, the whole thing is ridiculous....but I actually meant where do they find all these blank vintage baseballs to add the signatures to? I do occasionally see vintage baseballs offered in auctions, but they need to acquire a pretty big supply of them to fill up their auctions. How many blank ones are out there?

GrayGhost
10-13-2011, 01:42 PM
How do these guys get away with consistently pumping out bad material???

I just don't get it... With the sheer volume of apparent counterfeit material being auctioned off, one would think that the autorities would be all over these guys...

What Gives?

Its an old topic Dave. Someone needs to catch the counterfeiters in the act, etc. But, if the authorities investigated, it may just be one PSA or JSA word agains those clowns words.

One thing thats interesting is Barry Sloates comment about never any fading. Any person w a TINY bit of common sense would know that a Matty Ball like that wouldn't be SO DARK. etc.

I am all for anyway I can help to shut crooks down. Someone point us in the direction. they go for LOW prices on CC, but the people who buy are fools or more likely crooks who KNOW stuff is junk and think they can dupe others.

Its a REAL BLACK mark on the hobby.

thetruthisoutthere
10-13-2011, 04:34 PM
I know Christopher, the whole thing is ridiculous....but I actually meant where do they find all these blank vintage baseballs to add the signatures to? I do occasionally see vintage baseballs offered in auctions, but they need to acquire a pretty big supply of them to fill up their auctions. How many blank ones are out there?

Barry, I have to think the majority of those baseballs aren't vintage balls. Roach's Corner had one auction a few months ago where they slipped and showed the logo in the photograph and it was determined it was a 1960's baseball. It was signed by Babe Ruth...

barrysloate
10-13-2011, 04:43 PM
That's actually extremely critical information. The common defense for these scoundrels is that they do their due diligence by getting LOA's for all their items. But if they offer a signature from a guy who died in 1955 on a ball that wasn't produced until 1960, wouldn't that be damning evidence?

benjulmag
10-13-2011, 05:05 PM
What about going after Chris Morales in a civil action? Wouldn't he be judged by the reasonable man standard, meaning he couldn't plead stupidity as a defense? Seems to me if Morales was hit with a lawsuit or two, he might find it too expense to keep giving LOAs.

sycks22
10-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Check out the "o's" & "w's" in mathewson. I bet it took 2 minutes to fake that signature. I guarantee there will be a Ruth / Gehrig / Dimaggio / Mantle / Maris / Jeter ball coming up in their Dec auction.

Jcfowler6
10-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Is this for real?

This looks like a spoof website or something some junior high kids put together as a prank or something.

murphusa
10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
From a musical friend of mine, this might explain CC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZPERu4odE

Exhibitman
10-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I don't even know what to say.

http://myccsa.com/pics/225/293140.jpg

Thank you for that; I needed a LOL moment this a.m.

I didn't know Degas was a fauvist. And that "ballerina", well, she's built more like a stripper from Iowa.

perezfan
10-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Wow... are they really claiming that this one-legged woman (with one "C" Cup and one "Double D") is an original Degas?

That claim might carry more chutzpah than all their other fake baseball pieces, combined. Best laugh of the day :D

barrysloate
10-14-2011, 12:13 PM
I agree. That Degas is beyond ridiculous. There wasn't even an attempt made to make it look at least a tiny bit like the artist's style.

perezfan
10-14-2011, 12:16 PM
And why does the piece of furniture in back of her (assuming that's what it is) also have only one leg? What's keeping it suspended on the right side? Is the "artist" making a "missing limb" statement of some kind?

The more I look, the funnier it gets!

Vintagedegu
10-14-2011, 12:36 PM
-

perezfan
10-14-2011, 12:49 PM
I couldn't quite place the model for this original Degas, but think I finally pinpointed it... Laffing Sal. Who else could have that hair, those boobs, and those scary un-natural looking arms....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmHpuLweBdg&feature=related

BTW, this terrified me as a kid, and (thanks to Coach's Corner) continues to haunt me today :eek:

thecatspajamas
10-14-2011, 02:07 PM
So here's a question: Does getting caught producing fake artworks by masters that are passed off as originals carry a stiffer penalty than producing fake autographs of sports stars and celebrities that are passed off as genuine? Or will one get you caught quicker than the other?

Presumably the artworks would be easier to definitively prove to be fake due to the greater number of earmarks (though in some cases, *ahem*, either should be obvious). Just wondering if the art world prosecutes forgers any more dilligently than does the sports/autograph world.

mr2686
10-14-2011, 02:09 PM
I didn't know Degas was a fauvist. And that "ballerina", well, she's built more like a stripper from Iowa.
Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D
I don't know why everyone is so upset with this. This is one of the finest examples of Sam Degas I've ever seen. Pretty soon, O'l Sam can stop being a plumber, and draw full time.:eek:

mschwade
10-14-2011, 02:43 PM
You guys missed the best one of all... They can even fake illiterate signatures now too!

http://myccsa.com/pics/225/291199.jpg

Vintagedegu
10-14-2011, 02:58 PM
-

thetruthisoutthere
10-14-2011, 03:31 PM
You guys missed the best one of all... They can even fake illiterate signatures now too!

http://myccsa.com/pics/225/291199.jpg

Yeah, I saw that one yesterday as I scanned the sewer over at Roach's Corner. Disgusting.

daves_resale_shop
10-14-2011, 06:41 PM
I was thinking of consigning this to them... Ty Cobb Autographed Stress Ball (Circa 2005). Any ideas on pre auction estimates?

thetruthisoutthere
10-14-2011, 06:48 PM
I was thinking of consigning this to them... Ty Cobb Autographed Stress Ball (Circa 2005). Any ideas on pre auction estimates?

That's too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrayGhost
10-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Dave, that signature can be read from 4200 centimeters away. It also comes w a COA From Chris Morales, former Page boy for the US Senate in Washington.

From a collection of signed Stress balls we just got. Valued in the thousands, our minimum is just a fraction of that.:eek::eek::eek:;););):(:(:(

daves_resale_shop
10-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Lol!