PDA

View Full Version : 33 Goudey gum stain?

mighty bombjack
10-12-2011, 08:25 PM
I have been thinking about getting some of my vintage graded and am wondering about this 33 Goudey Cochrane. I have had this card since the mid-80s when my dad bought it for me. I hope you can see from the scan that there is a miscoloration on the top right, which looks like a gum stain to me.

My questions: How much does this affect the grade? I have heard of some cleaning methods around here; how would any of you handle this issue?

Thanks in advance.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff105/mighty-bombjack/HOF%20vintage%20NFT/CochraneVint.jpg

steve B
10-12-2011, 08:38 PM
The stain would probably knock the grade down a bit.

Technical grade aside, it's a good looking card. I don't think I'd bother getting it graded unless you're going to sell it. If not, there's plenty of time for grading later on.

Steve B

mighty bombjack
10-12-2011, 08:43 PM
The stain would probably knock the grade down a bit.

Technical grade aside, it's a good looking card. I don't think I'd bother getting it graded unless you're going to sell it. If not, there's plenty of time for grading later on.

Steve B

Thanks. I don't really have plans to sell, and therefore probably won't grade for a while (if at all). I guess the question is more academic at this point.