PDA

View Full Version : Long Island National

sportscardpete
10-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Does anyone have any input on the LI National at Hofstra. I'll be going on the 22nd, as it is 10 minutes from my house. Is there usually a decent selection of vintage cards?

timzcardz
10-11-2011, 08:46 AM
If you are 10 minutes away, you'd be a fool not to go! It's by far the best on LI.

I'm in Islip and I get upset if I have a conflict that makes me miss it.

It will be mostly modern, but I have noticed an increase in vintage over the last few LI Nationals.

If you're a Mets fan, they have the '86 reunion as a draw.

bcbgcbrcb
10-11-2011, 09:05 AM
There are a few vintage dealers there, definitely worth a 10 minute trip. My commute is about an hour and I have made about half of them since the show began. Not sure about this one............

sb32
10-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Usually pretty good. Decent amount of vintage. Last one wasn't so good as I think it was the same weekend as the Oaks show and a lot of the vintage dealers went there instead. Don't think there are any conflicts this time.

sportscardpete
10-12-2011, 07:20 AM
There are a few vintage dealers there, definitely worth a 10 minute trip. My commute is about an hour and I have made about half of them since the show began. Not sure about this one............

An hour from Jersey? Man those bridges must be nice to you when you leave. It always takes me more time traveling to and from Jersey via the G.W. Bridge.

bcbgcbrcb
10-12-2011, 01:46 PM
It helps that I only live about 10 minutes from the GWB the remaining 50 minutes is NY commuting time........