PDA

View Full Version : Help on Identification, please!

gnaz01
10-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Can anyone help me with dating this item or just telling me if what it is, other than just a pin of Cobb. It measures 1 & 1/8" in diameter and appears to be enamel. It looks pretty cool to me.....:D

sayhey24
10-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Very cool -- looks like it was copied from his P2 Sweet Cap pin.

Greg

gnaz01
10-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Is this a one of a kind piece?? I cannot imagine the wealth of knowledge of all the folks on here, someone has to know what this is. Just curious, and many thanks!!

aelefson
10-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi-
This will not help much but I have definitely seen one before (I am almost certain one was posted on this board). I believe the other one I have seen did not have coloring. That is all of the help I can provide. Very cool piece.
Alan

mjkm90
10-09-2011, 12:07 PM
It's a fantasy piece (not a repro). I've seen a few examples over the years. I don't know the exact age, but they are not period pieces.

JustinD
10-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Fantasy piece or not i'd love to have one.

I have a couple fantasies and real pin pieces that I love to wear with suitcoats on the lapels because I think it looks neat. They bring a lot of interested remarks.

Go Tigers tonight!

gnaz01
10-14-2011, 01:06 PM
It's a fantasy piece (not a repro). I've seen a few examples over the years. I don't know the exact age, but they are not period pieces.

Mike, I am curious to learn. Where does the original info come from that states it is a fantasy piece (no bashing here, I want to learn). It is in my possession now, it is a "heavy" piece and in my opinion (which is probably worthless) wouldn't it be expensive to make a die of this item, produce it, market them, and for the collecting world (like us) not to have seen "multiples in mass" of this item out there?? I did a Google search and it returned 2 of these, a white backed one and mine, which is a red enamel. Just trying to figure out as a fantasy piece why someone would go through the cost involved in making such a beautiful piece and not making it readily available. It isn't like I paid a fortune for this, actually very little, but it is a gorgeous piece of Cobb memorabilia, IMHO.