PDA

View Full Version : Autograph ID help?

GrayGhost
10-05-2011, 09:12 PM
This one may be for you old time fans. I just got a nice little group of six small 1948 Yankee stadium snapshots. which may be for sale here on Net54 soon.ha No great shots, just cool YS stuff. Anyways, in looking at them, I see this one, which appears to be signed by TOMMY BYRNE (pictured in photo) and, here is where I need some help:

Can anyone tell who the other sig is? or may be? It may not even be a player. I didn't see anyone on the 48 Roster like that, and can't totally read it? Any ideas at all guys of who it may be. THANKS:)

travrosty
10-05-2011, 10:19 PM
To me it looks like it says Best Wishes,

The capital B looks the same as the B in Byrne. So to me it looks like it is written in the same hand. Probably a salutation.

Scott Garner
10-06-2011, 03:42 AM
To me it looks like it says Best Wishes,

The capital B looks the same as the B in Byrne. So to me it looks like it is written in the same hand. Probably a salutation.

I agree with Travrosty. ;)

GrayGhost
10-06-2011, 04:24 AM
I guess it could say "Best Wishes". I don't think its a forgery, so that makes sense. THANKS GUYS.

mr2686
10-06-2011, 07:52 AM
That's definitely signed by Tommy Byrne, which you already knew, and although I could not find any exemplars with "Best Wishes", I'm also pretty sure that's what it says.

daves_resale_shop
10-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Definitely looks like "best wishes"

Very cool peice... are you going to share the others?

-Dave

GrayGhost
10-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Definitely looks like "best wishes"

Very cool peice... are you going to share the others?

-Dave

Yeah, there's five more, tho one is the same image as the signed Byrne. I'll post em tonight or tomorrow