PDA

View Full Version : Score one for the Good Guys!

GrayGhost
10-05-2011, 07:39 AM
http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/massive-fake-autograph-scheme-lands-missouri-man-in-jail/) awesome!

deebro041
10-05-2011, 02:26 PM
This is why I tend to stay away from autograph items. Good job by the authorities!

39special
10-05-2011, 03:57 PM
It just makes me wonder how many more like him are out there.

Vol
10-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Wow, a police chase. Firearm. 7 different eBay accounts. This story has it all.

steve B
10-06-2011, 07:58 AM
"Shryock has prior felony convictions for forgery, failure to return rental property, possession of a controlled substance, and unlawful merchandising practice."

I'm unreasonably curious about what merchandising practice is a felony.
I've always pictured felonies as the more violent crimes.

Sounds like a guy who needs to be out of circulation for lots of reasons.

Steve B

bh3443
10-06-2011, 09:16 AM
I found in the police log that in Dec of 2010 he was popped for identity theft and having of pills (probably w/o a script).

I had a customer years ago that got a seven year federal charge for identity theft. It's a serious crime.

I hope that the people that bought the bogus material get restitution.

Leon
10-06-2011, 11:52 AM
"Shryock has prior felony convictions for forgery, failure to return rental property, possession of a controlled substance, and unlawful merchandising practice."

I'm unreasonably curious about what merchandising practice is a felony.
I've always pictured felonies as the more violent crimes.

Sounds like a guy who needs to be out of circulation for lots of reasons.

Steve B

I am not a lawyer and every state probably has different statutes but I think most theft-type crimes have a dollar amount threshold when it goes from a misdemeanor to a felony. regards

Runscott
10-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Wow, a police chase. Firearm. 7 different eBay accounts. This story has it all.

Even a 'Thelma and Louise' ending. I think they ran away from their vehicle also, but that scene was cut.

"Shryock drove off a cliff and ran from his vehicle"

69Cubfan
10-08-2011, 07:14 AM
It would be interesting to know the ebay user names he used so people can identify with ever doing business with him and possibly taking further action against him.