PDA

View Full Version : GAI crossover

hunterdutchess
10-01-2011, 09:30 AM
I am sure that this has been brought up before but I have a few GAI slabbed cards and was going to bust them out and cross them over to PSA or SGC. What should I expect? Trimmed? One or two grades lower?
-Thanks

molen
10-10-2011, 08:51 AM
I just got a crossover submission back from PSA. It was a GAI 9 and it came back as evidence of trimming. Pretty bummed, but from what I've heard, it's pretty common.

Along the same lines, anyone have any suggestions for what to do with the card now? I sure as hell ain't going to be that scumbag guy that plays dumb and sells it on eBay. Should I just cut my losses and bury it in my collection?

sox1903wschamp
10-10-2011, 12:36 PM
I just got a crossover submission back from PSA. It was a GAI 9 and it came back as evidence of trimming. Pretty bummed, but from what I've heard, it's pretty common.

Along the same lines, anyone have any suggestions for what to do with the card now? I sure as hell ain't going to be that scumbag guy that plays dumb and sells it on eBay. Should I just cut my losses and bury it in my collection?

I admire your morality Jeff. Did you submit for the crossover still in the GAI slab? If so, PSA can be pretty bias on thier review of GAI slabs (IMO). I would crack it out and try again (submit raw) depending on the value.

To answer the OP's original question, my experience with GAI to SGC has been .5 to 1 grade lower on average. I have probably submitted about a dozen over the years this way and most of the time still in the slab going to SGC. I probably would not keep it in the slab going to PSA if I tried that way.

molen
10-10-2011, 01:32 PM
I did submit it in the GAI slab. Maybe I will crack it and resubmit. I spent quite a bit of time this weekend scrutinizing the card and I couldn't for the life of me find any evidence of trimming. Maybe when I crack it I can get a better look. The card looks pretty darn good to my naive eye.

Thanks for the advice!

iggyman
10-10-2011, 01:42 PM
If you can stomach paying the grading fees again, I would crack and resubmit.

Lovely Day...