PDA

View Full Version : Wheretheyaint - any experiences

tcdyess
09-23-2011, 09:53 AM
I purchased a T206 Keeler (bat) PSA 7 and sent payment on the 15th. I have not heard anything from them and sent an email asking for tracking info and have yet to get a response.

Has anyone dealt with them previously???

Thanks,

Tim

terjung
09-23-2011, 09:57 AM
No experience personally, but they have been the topic of discussion here before...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=92311&highlight=wheretheyaint

e107collector
09-23-2011, 10:20 AM
They picture cards for sale that they don't own, but supposedly have access to purchase these cards.

Once someone buys a card from their website, they have to in turn buy to card from someone else, and then send it to you.

Sounds fishy. I would avoid them, but that's me.

Hope this helps.

Tony

tcdyess
09-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Uh oh.. thanks... I think..

e107collector
09-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Uh oh.. thanks... I think..

I could be wrong, but I would think the reason they haven't responded with a tracking number, is the fact that they haven't been able to locate your card to purchase as of yet.

Keep us posted, if you don't mind.

Best of luck,

Tony

tcdyess
09-23-2011, 11:07 AM
I will keep the board updated, thanks for the input... I would just hope that in a larger dollar purchase like this there would be some pretty damn good communication. Eight days of nothing after payment doesn't fit the bill for me.....

Tim

terjung
09-23-2011, 11:38 AM
The information provided in the thread linked in post #2 leads me to think that your experience may not be unique. Hopefully it all works out for you.

Wite3
09-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Wheretheyaint is a very apt description of their business model and customer service...the cards aint there and neither is anyone to respond...hope it works out.

e107collector
09-24-2011, 10:36 AM
After looking through their website, it's seems to be a red flag to me that there is no business address or phone number to talk to someone. Contact by email only - seems strange.

Like the previous poster stated, the name fits the business.

Tim - how did you pay? Credit card, check or paypal?

Tony

71buc
09-24-2011, 01:27 PM
I sent them an email regarding a 1955 Clemente they had listed. A month later they answered with an apology for the delay and indicated that they no longer had the item.

kcohen
09-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Gee. With the name of their business, you'd think that if they had any card in stock, it'd be a Keeler.

Seriously though, I hope this sordid affair gets unraveled in your favor.

margoaepi
09-24-2011, 03:05 PM
I actually know the guys who run the show there and they are both honest people, and one of them is a very close friend of mine for over a decade. I can't speak to where the cards come from, but these are certainly not take the money and run types. I just left my friend a VM, and I am sure he will attend to this promptly.

bobbyw8469
09-24-2011, 04:55 PM
I am under the impression that they sell cards at extremely high prices that they do not own, and once a card sells, they buy it alot cheaper from somewhere else (usually Ebay). All the cards that are listed at reasonable prices are already sold, and they just forgot to remove them. The cards that they "do" have, if you look on EBay, it is for sale via BIN alot cheaper. That is all.

deebro041
09-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Would asking for a scan of the back of the cards reveal anything?

tcdyess
09-24-2011, 06:32 PM
After looking through their website, it's seems to be a red flag to me that there is no business address or phone number to talk to someone. Contact by email only - seems strange.

Like the previous poster stated, the name fits the business.

Tim - how did you pay? Credit card, check or paypal?

Tony

Paypal......

teetwoohsix
09-25-2011, 01:27 AM
This is a very strange way of doing buisness. I guess I'm a bit unclear as to whether you actually recieve the card you bid on (or bought)-or do they just find any card matching the description and send it ?

At any rate, communication is always the key to a good deal IMO. And I guess actually owning the card you are selling would make the most sense?:confused:

I hope this deal works out for you, and you either get the correct card that you bought, or your money back.

Sincerely, Clayton

gnaz01
09-25-2011, 05:47 AM
I actually know the guys who run the show there and they are both honest people, and one of them is a very close friend of mine for over a decade. I can't speak to where the cards come from, but these are certainly not take the money and run types. I just left my friend a VM, and I am sure he will attend to this promptly.

Josh, I think everyone here will be interested to hear whether you receive any info from your friend. Please keep us updated.

tcdyess
09-25-2011, 08:12 AM
With zero communication the card arrived yesterday. Here is a scan, the card presents beautifully. I still don't understand a large (for me) purchase with absolutly no communication, but the card is here and exactly what I paid for. 10 days isn't even horrible on delivery, but shoot a damn email or something.

By the way, thank you to all who added to this thread, this board has taught me numerous lessons about expanding my collection and this is another perfect example....

Tim

e107collector
09-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Tim,

Does the serial number on the card you received, match the serial number of the card that was pictured on their website that you purchased?

Tony

gnaz01
09-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Tim,

Does the serial number on the card you received, match the serial number of the card that was pictured on their website that you purchased?

Tony

After seeing the card, I was thinking the exact same thing Tony!

smotan_02
05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Looks like they are spamming the registry now. Just got this email:

Hi,

I came across your set on the Registry! It is very impressive!

I am currently selling some cards that would help upgrade/complete your set. Might you be interested?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Ben

I responded that I would see what he had, but then it sounded too generic. Came here on the boards and found this old thread. May have saved me, dont really know....I do know that Im not taking a chance.

scooter729
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
I got the same email a few days ago - I'm not opposed to getting an email from someone about a specific need I have, but I got a couple of very spam-like emails from them with various sets of mine in the subject lines. They all got deleted immediately.

smotan_02
05-08-2012, 01:02 PM
I agree, I welcome other set members or collectors contacting me with upgrades. First time I got this one...going to autodelete now.