PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Peel Baseball

ruth-gehrig
09-19-2011, 07:15 PM
It's a beautiful ball but is $2700:eek: about what these bring in today's market??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330612030750?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

vintagesportflips
09-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I think the fact that this ball was larger than a modern baseball, made it alot more desirable to alot of collectors, as most are smaller than standard size.

Leon
09-19-2011, 09:36 PM
I don't collect baseballs but if I did I would have wanted that one. The seller has some high end stuff, regularly, too.

BrandonG
09-19-2011, 11:23 PM
I was expecting it to end around $1,300 with the way the betting was going, when I saw it hit the $2,700 mark at 2 seconds I laughed and said someone just got caught putting in that extremely high bid trying to get the guarantee maybe $1,400. But little did they know another dude put the $2,650 bid in to do the same thing! I love seeing over payment like that. The seller just scored big time! - When is that going to happen when I'm selling?

ruth-gehrig
09-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Yeah it's amazing that they are ALWAYS selling high end(high price) items. Perhaps they take consignments. I don't know that for sure.

thekingofclout
09-20-2011, 04:49 AM
I was expecting it to end around $1,300 with the way the betting was going, when I saw it hit the $2,700 mark at 2 seconds I laughed and said someone just got caught putting in that extremely high bid trying to get the guarantee maybe $1,400. But little did they know another dude put the $2,650 bid in to do the same thing! I love seeing over payment like that. The seller just scored big time! - When is that going to happen when I'm selling?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing this ebay dealer (walnutts) sells surprises me. Just like Perry Cox with Beatles memorabilia and Henry Yee with Baseball photographs and memorabilia.

All three of them are head & shoulders above most ebay sellers in their own respective markets. They all have thousands upon thousands of faithful followers, are absolute experts in their fields, spend countless hours corresponding with clients via phone calls and emails. And on top of all that, they ALL offer guaranteed satisfaction on everything they sell, period.

Which is why Brandon, guys like you and I will never realize prices like that, plain & simple.

This should be of no surprise to anyone who actively collects what these three Gentleman sell. They've all been doing it on ebay for longer than a decade now. It's also the reason I consign with these kind of sellers.

Regards, Jimmy