PDA

View Full Version : Dave Shore Sports Card experiences?

brob28
09-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Just wondeing if anyone on the forum has had any dealings with this guy. Seems like a pretty safe way to do business for a purchaser. He'll send you cards on your want list along with his prices and you take the ones you want and send back what you don't. No pre-paying, only when you decided to keep the cards do you pay.

vintagetoppsguy
09-18-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't have any experiences with them, but I did have a similar experience with Chris Buckler (Buckler Cards/Somerset Velvet). I
posted on the B/S/T that I was looking for '55 Topps BB and he sent me a near set, allowed me to pick the ones I wanted and mail back the remainder along with payment.

Boccabella
09-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Dave has been around a long time. I dealt with him a couple of times many years ago and am glad to see his method still works.

brob28
09-19-2011, 10:03 AM
I agree Rich, it's really refreshing, but perhaps a bit risky for him. I just recieved a group of cards and it's really nice to look before you buy. Prices are at a premium, but there's value in being able to look before buying.

pclpads
09-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Dave's an honest, stand-up seller. He had a store maybe 10 years ago in San Diego -"Baseball Cards Plus." Sold it - it's since gone under! - and re-located to Bend, OR. Used to run small ads, similar conditions, "buy on approval," in SCD classifieds.

Griffins
09-19-2011, 02:11 PM
I've dealt with Dave a few times over the years. Great guy, great service, I'd never hesitate to deal with him again.

Steve D
09-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Wow, I didn't know Dave was still in the business. I used to go to his card store in San Diego all the time in the early 1980s before I joined the Air Force. I went back a few years later when I was home on leave, and he'd sold it to someone else. I remember the day I went there, they had just experienced an older lady hitting the gas instead of her brake, and plowing her car through the front door and window a day or two prior.

I loved going to his shop, since he had a massive amount of cards, all sorted numerically by year. He kept them in wooden file cabinets behind the front desk, where only he or his wife Patty would handle them. He had the best and most easily accessible inventory in town.

Steve