PDA

View Full Version : ITPC's AUCTION IS OPEN FOR BIDDING!

Lou Criscione
09-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi Guys!

We (Inside the Park Collectibles)just opened up our latest auction for bidding with a closing date of Friday October 7, 2011. There are over 150 lots. This is what we like to call a Blow-Out auction- with all items having a starting bid of $100 or less. As with all our auctions, there is No Buyer's Premium and No Hidden Reserves.

We've posted a few pictures below, but to view all the items, please visit our web site at: www.insidetheparkcollectibles.com

Thanks!
Lou & John

JollyElm
09-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Not to be a downer here, but your auction is very short on information within the lots and there are numerous misspellings in the auction titles. Just a quick viewing showed Jimmie Foxx, Joe Carter, Rickey Henderson and Juan Marichal's names and the Seattle Pilots team name all blatantly misspelled.

To inspire confidence in potential bidders, I'd jump on correcting those instances and adding additional information (for example, which of the 1958 Yankees photos have paper loss?, what specific Willie Mays cards, besides the 1955 Bowman, are included in this lot?, etc.) where needed.

Lou Criscione
09-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Thank you very much for your critique of our auction site. I apologize for the misspellings and hopefully have corrected them all. I cannot always guarantee that we will have perfect spelling on our auction site, but I can assure you that we always run an honest auction with our collectors interest at the forefront. We have run auctions for close to 20 years and have always tried to be collector friendly. Because we type with the "hunt & peck" method- sometimes we make errors. It's not an excuse (I guess it really is), but we like to let the items speak for themselves. Sometimes we are so excited to get our auctions up and running that we forget to "proof read" the end result. We show as many pictures as we possibly can, but will always address any questions presented to us about any item. We are a small "two man" operation working out of the basements of our houses trying to do the best we can with our limited skills. I think that should you ever decide to participate in one of our auctions, you will find it a pleasurable experience.

Lou

Leon
09-17-2011, 08:52 AM
I had the good fortune of meeting Lou and John at this years National. Two nicer gentlemen I have not met. Seem like really honest collectors and I am happy to have them as board members.
Now, about their spelling.....

Two words Lou- Spell checker :) .....I too don't always spell so well either, but we do need to be fairly accurate with our auctions. I can assure you that if I see something I want or need, spelling will be the last thing to get in my way.:D Good luck in the current one guys!!

drc
09-17-2011, 11:43 AM
My only comment is that it's courteous for such criticism to be privately emailed to the seller first.

thecatspajamas
09-17-2011, 12:22 PM
My only comment is that it's courteous for such criticism to be privately emailed to the seller first.

+1

perezfan
09-17-2011, 12:36 PM
+ 2 (and classy response by Lou...)

oriolesbb6
09-18-2011, 06:57 PM

+3 and Lou always exhibits class

gnaz01
09-19-2011, 04:54 AM
+4 Just common courtesy