PDA

View Full Version : Hartland football statues and boxes

whiteymet
09-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi All:

Just picked up a Hartland Dallas Cowboys Running Back with the box!! It is available to trade as well as other statues and boxes for stuff I need. See photos and lists below. Let's do some TRADING!!

AVAILABLE:

Statue w/ box - Steeler RB and Cowboys RB no front flap on box

Statues - LSU RB, Arnett, Arnett with repro base, Cardinals RB, Bears RB, Bears RB with cracked base, Vikings LM no facemask broken base, Giants LM no facemask or base, Giants RB.

25th Unitas unpainted and parts, roll of box labels,

Football boxes - Colts LM , Packers RB, Rams LM, 49er LM team crossed off in old fashioned red marker to say Rams and Lineman on top crossed off to say runner, Eagles LM no front flap, Eagles RB no front flap, Giants LM no front flap.

Looking for in trade:

LINEMEN - LSU.

FOOTBALL BOXES:

LINEMEN - REDSKINS, CARDINALS, LSU.

RUNNING BACKS - 49ER'S, COLTS, LIONS,LSU

kneerat
10-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Gotta love that jersey style. What, in your opinion, is the toughest team to obtain for the football Hartlands?

whiteymet
10-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi Chris:

Historically the Redskins and Cowboys have had the reputation as being the tougher ones in the NFL set. LSU LM AND RB are BY FAR the toughest worth 10x the NFL's.

More recently it seems the Redskins LM and the Cardinals RB seem to be the ones on everyone's wantlist and command the highest prices.

The Cowboys both RB and LM and the Redskin RB still get a premium along with the Lions, Colts and the 49 statues also are harder to find than the others. There is also a "generic" RB that looks like a Giant with a plain helmet and plain base that is little known, but not often seen.

With boxes, are harder still and then boxes with the tear away flap still attached are better yet.

Are you asking because you have some Hartland FB coming up in one of your future auctions? If so LMK what you have.

I am looking for LSU LM, and some boxes.

Fred

kneerat
10-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Fred,

No... We don't have any right now, but we DO get them from time to time. I was just curious. I deal in Packers memorabilia and was wondering if the Packers examples were among the tougher ones, as I have never had one with a tag and in the box.

whiteymet
10-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Fred,

No... We don't have any right now, but we DO get them from time to time. I was just curious. I deal in Packers memorabilia and was wondering if the Packers examples were among the tougher ones, as I have never had one with a tag and in the box.

Hi Chris:

FYI, there are NO TAGS with the Hartland Football statues, just the BB save for Maris who has no tag. Only thing in the Football boxes would be a brochure and a decal sheet.

As for the Packers, they are some of the most common of the Hartland FB.

Fred

Hot Springs Bathers
10-17-2011, 08:15 AM
Whitey- Were there any other colleges offered or just LSU? If only LSU I wonder what the connection was?

There wre certainly other colleges with great programs and followings in that era like Notre Dame, Texas and Alabama.

kneerat
10-17-2011, 08:43 AM
That's interesting. There is a seller on ebay that is selling a Packers hartland with a repro tag and box... must be a "fantasy" piece.

kneerat
10-17-2011, 08:44 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960s-Green-Bay-Packers-LM-Hartland-Football-Statue-/160508308890?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item255f0a6d9a

whiteymet
10-17-2011, 10:08 AM
That's interesting. There is a seller on ebay that is selling a Packers hartland with a repro tag and box... must be a "fantasy" piece.

Hey Chris:

As you say the listing you are referencing has REPRO tag. Repro may not be the correct moniker as there was no original. So, yes, I guess a fantasy tag would be a better description.

There is also a repro base on this statue. Repro bases AND boxes have been produced for both baseball and football Hartlands as well as REPRO (not fantasy) tags for baseball.

Fred

whiteymet
10-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Whitey- Were there any other colleges offered or just LSU? If only LSU I wonder what the connection was?

There wre certainly other colleges with great programs and followings in that era like Notre Dame, Texas and Alabama.

Hi Mike:

LSU was the only college football statues produced. Supposedly prototypes were made for Notre Dame which was sent to the University and never returned as well as a U of Washington (?) for Ron Vanderkallen who if memory serves had a fantastic Bowl game out of nowhere.

This was around the time Hartland was doing the FB statues. As well as the LSU program with Billy Cannon who I think was the big story at the time, Heisman winner etc.

Fred

kneerat
10-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Fred,
Do you have any blank Packers statues, with original decal sheets/box?

whiteymet
10-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Fred,
Do you have any blank Packers statues, with original decal sheets/box?

Chris:

At the moment I do not have any extra Packers statues.. I do have a Packers RB box with decal sheet.

Fred