PDA

View Full Version : Oaks, PA Show

bcbgcbrcb
09-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Just curious if anyone knows the dates for the upcoming Oaks, PA Show?

x2drich2000
09-09-2011, 02:34 PM
I believe the next show in Oaks is November 11-13. http://www.csashows.com/

and the next Philly Show is September 23-25 http://www.phillyshow.com/

dj

bbcard1
09-09-2011, 02:36 PM
November 11-13. I am planning on attending to sell the last remnants of my friend's collection.

bcbgcbrcb
09-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks a lot!

toppcat
09-09-2011, 03:59 PM
So,will the Philly Show's attempt at an exclusive dealer lineup lead to its demise and the rise of the Oaks? I think there are quarterly NS shows in the area too-perhaps Oaks and those could join forces? I know, it'll never happen but it would be nice to have a collector focused show.

basesareempty
09-09-2011, 05:17 PM
So,will the Philly Show's attempt at an exclusive dealer lineup lead to its demise and the rise of the Oaks? I think there are quarterly NS shows in the area too-perhaps Oaks and those could join forces? I know, it'll never happen but it would be nice to have a collector focused show.

Dave,
I was wondering the same thing the other day when I heard about this, in particular Levi Bleam @ 707 sportscards. He is the "host dealer" for CSA at the Oaks show and has been doing the Philly show for years.I did notice that at the last couple Phiily shows his setup was quite smaller then it used to be. I also see that the Philly show has gotten smaller since Hunt took over. While on the other hand most dealers I have talked to who did the Oaks show were very pleased. I cannot see anything good coming out of trying to force dealers into an exclusive contract, I know I would not react positively to this demand. Maybe this is the writing on the wall for the Philly show. I would be curious how some of the dealers on this board who did both shows feel?

judsonhamlin
09-09-2011, 05:52 PM
My fear is that the "non-compete" clause Hunt is pushing will lead to the demise of both shows. If some dealers abandon Philly for Oaks, but not enough to draw decent crowds, then I think that both shows will suffer. I was speaking with a long-time dealer who has set up at Philly since the Motor Lodge days and he shared that concern. I will say that the Oaks show last time had some good dealers, but the crowds were a tad thin. I will be there in November and I am anxious to see how it goes the second time around.

Dave1943
09-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Hope the Oaks makes it as we enjoyed the show last fall. The weather last fall may have dampened the crowd a little. Tough on a Southerner to travel that far in less than blue bird weather :o).

Dave

e107collector
09-09-2011, 06:47 PM
I was disappointed in the last few Philly Shows in Valley Forge, and I don't think I'm going to make the trip down in 2 weeks.

I missed the last Show in Oaks, but am looking forward to the one there in November.

Tony