PDA

View Full Version : CT Craigslist Babe Ruth signed ball

GrayGhost
09-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Hey, if anyone wants one, heres a shout out. Just spotted on trolling my local craigslist. How does it look to you guys? If its good. someone could get a good deal.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/clt/2584249140.html

Shoeless Moe
09-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Not that it matters but doesn't that ball look awfully small in that guys hands.....who's selling that ball, the Big Show?

bbcard1
09-06-2011, 12:47 PM
We the word "real" is typed in all caps...that's good enough for me.

Bigdaddy
09-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Funny how the ink from the signature is nice and bold and the ink from the labeling on the ball is all faded. Its as bold as if it was signed yesterday - which may well be the case.

BrandonG
09-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Funny how the ink from the signature is nice and bold and the ink from the labeling on the ball is all faded. Its as bold as if it was signed yesterday - which may well be the case.

I've actually seen a lot of PSA/DNA Ruth baseballs where the manufacturer's logo's are nearly gone, but the writing is still there very strong. Depending on the ink it almost acts like a tattoo to the leather where as the logo's are lightly stamped on and dried quickly. By no means am I defending this particular listing, just that a bold signature and faded logo is pretty common.

Here's 2 good examples:

scmavl
09-08-2011, 06:57 AM
What are you guys thoughts on the sig? I am absolutely not a Ruth expert... but it doesn't look bad to my untrained eye...

Ladder7
09-08-2011, 07:11 AM
I've actually seen a lot of PSA/DNA Ruth baseballs where the manufacturer's logo's are nearly gone*snip*

and, They're never wrong ;)

Im no expert, but this ball is a hoax. Nice that he's willing to take a "hit"... Well, okay dude.

prewarsports
09-08-2011, 08:43 AM
FWIW

The Harridge stamps are almost always faded. Even mint balls right out of the box are almost always light so I actually think they just used a lighter colored ink at the factory for some reason.

Rhys

daves_resale_shop
09-13-2011, 03:55 PM
I spoke with this gent... Looking for $10k on the ball, but he is reluctant to get the ball authenticated to the cost of the authentication process...