PDA

View Full Version : Michael Petronella Baseball Legends

VOTC
09-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Are any of you familiar with a series of art rendering from the 80's by artist Michael Petronella and was titled "Baseball Legends", the autographed 8x10's included Mantle, Williams, Ryan, Jackson, Seaver to name a few.

Are the autographs on these legit?

Thanks

Scott Garner
09-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Are any of you familiar with a series of art rendering from the 80's by artist Michael Petronella and was titled "Baseball Legends", the autographed 8x10's included Mantle, Williams, Ryan, Jackson, Seaver to name a few.

Are the autographs on these legit?

Thanks

Hi VOTC (sorry I don't know your name),

Welcome to net54! It would be helpful if you posted scans of the pieces with the autographs. It would be next to impossible to give you the info you are seeking without it.

keithsky
09-01-2011, 01:31 PM
I bought alot of these back when they were popular and most were fake. Most had certs from Madison Sports and I bought them from a dealer in Indiana, which I won't name, and never got my money back. Don't know if he knew they were fake or he did know and didn't care but I lost money on them. First one I tried to sell was a Ripken and was fake. These might have all been signed by the Marino boys from Operation Bullpen cause it was about the time I was buying them. In my opinion I would be real cautious.

roarfrom34
09-01-2011, 08:03 PM
all of the Ripken ones I've seen were forgeries