PDA

View Full Version : Can A Pennant Be Cleaned?

slidekellyslide
08-31-2011, 01:26 PM
Just picked up this little beauty, but it's a little dirty..any way to safely clean a pennant? I don't know if it's dirt or something else..

lefty147
08-31-2011, 02:43 PM
I would not mess with it. Mike

mjkm90
08-31-2011, 07:36 PM
In this instance...you can't make it muuuuch worse. I would try it with some woolite and cold water perhaps. Maybe if you just gently blot it some of the dirt will come off. If it is just dirt that is. If it's grease or something your SOL Im affraid. Keep us posted

Shoeless Moe
09-01-2011, 10:13 AM
couldn't u just lay it on the patio, drop a couple of drops of dish soap on it, then blast it with the hose? then let it dry in the sun.

perezfan
09-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Certainly worth a try...

If you do attempt it, please keep us apprised of the results (and how you cleaned it). "Before and after" pics would be great!

It would be a valuable learning experience. I have always been afraid to try any type of cleaning, but have also never had one this soiled. So in this case, there's really nothing to lose :rolleyes:

I have always theorized that kids often spilled their Coke on these (at the games) and that's why so many have that rather sticky, dark type of staining. Not sure if that's the case here, or if that dark grime is attributed to something else...

Please be sure to let us know how this turns out!

murphusa
09-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Have had success using just cold water on a sponge, not wet just damp and pad it let it dry do it again so you lift the stain.

Felt also can be dry cleaned but I've never tried that.

I would suggest that you contact a pool hall and ask them what they do

brownscollector78
09-03-2011, 05:02 AM
Using Shout and dabbing it on there will usually work.

Be careful not to use too much though, and make sure after you use the shout that you dab water on it and get the shout out of it or else it can start to mold.