PDA

View Full Version : Really?

Shoeless Moe
08-27-2011, 10:14 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEPT-11-2001-TICKETS-CANCELLED-NY-YANKEES-GAME-/360388823703?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item53e8d90a97

canjond
08-27-2011, 12:04 PM
At least you get 6 of them.

murphusa
08-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Why not? This collecting thing is out of hand. We spend a lot of time here, gloating over our picks and finds. We disparage those who cheat.

We go after someone who is dishonest and forges autographs, but what do we say about one who finds a trophy (not going after the finder just using as an example) that is for sale at $200.00 when we know it is a $2500/3500 trophy and not being honest with the seller and letting him know he has made a mistake or was unknowledgeable.

We cheer one and kill the other.

We buy , we sell, we trade, sometimes we win sometimes we lose.

The tickets aren’t worth what he is asking but they are worth something to someone.

Moesalty
08-27-2011, 12:44 PM
To each their own, but I personally that he is a %#%^** for trying to turn a profit off of the misfortune of others....

calvindog
08-27-2011, 02:16 PM
I wonder if Babe Ruth signed any of them.

rhettyeakley
08-27-2011, 02:24 PM
If these were 100 years old and something similar had happened they would be collectors items. Because it is "recent" people may have a problem with it but I don't really see the big deal (other than his price is absolutely ridiculous).

If, for example, there was something that was supposed to have happened in Honolulu on Dec 7, 1941 and was cancelled because of the bombings. Someone finds tickets for said event, decides to sell them...would we be as "offended" by that item? Of course not, it isn't "fresh" in peoples mind. People are so quick to be offended, they are worth something to someone (just not at his price!)
-Rhett

RichardSimon
08-27-2011, 02:45 PM
QUOTE=calvindog;920803]I wonder if Babe Ruth signed any of them.[/QUOTE]

If Babe Ruth did not sign them, we on this board can certainly find someone to get the Babe to sign them now.
:p;):D:o:):confused::rolleyes:

packs
08-27-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't really see a problem with this other than from a personal ethical standpoint. I wouldn't sell those tickets, and especially not at that price. But how many collectors on this board chase signatures and pay big money/receive big money because a person died young?

I would think there would be a lot of interest from members of this forum if a ticket were to come up for auction from the game Ray Chapman was beaned. Why would collectors be intersted in the ticket? Because Chapman died as a result.