PDA

View Full Version : Zeenut Ratio [Coupon to Non-Coupon]

philliesphan
08-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Looking at Legendary's run of Zeenut partial sets tonight, and the sets from REA earlier this year, I'd love to hear any educated estimates of the ratio of Coupon-bearing Zeenuts to non-coupon bearing Zeenuts.

I understand that the ratio is likely very different for some of the issue years. But I'd appreciate any thoughts on general themes of % of Coupon-Bearing vs. not as well as any specific details on years that are relatively easy or hard.

Thanks

fkw
08-26-2011, 12:33 AM
My guess would be 1%-3%, Ive always though it was likely very low. Its just a guess though....

Ive bought a few larger groups (50-100+ examples) of Zeenuts over the year and often none will have coupons, but then Ive also bought small groups of 3-5 cards with all having the coupons too. It all depended on the original owner if they clipped the coupon off right away or decided to just leave the cards whole.

AndrewJerome
08-27-2011, 04:43 PM
This is one of many interesting Zeenut questions. Frank's 1-3% is very reasonable. In my opinion it is likely on the lower end, closer to 1%. In general you see more from 1924-1936 than the other years. This is not shocking, although for some reason 1915s with coupon appear to have survived more than the others from 1913-19. 1920 with coupon is very difficult to locate in my opinion.

Andrew

Leon
08-27-2011, 06:11 PM
I will concur with the others too. I have always heard the 1% ratio tossed around and that seems about right. And 1920 is my last regular series I need with a coupon :), so that info is a tiny bit validated from my little collection.

philliesphan
08-27-2011, 10:04 PM
for the comments here.

Please indulge me, if you may, for some further questions:

Are there any specific popular trend with Zeenut [with coupons] collectors?

Do they tend to be type collectors (like Leon)? If type collectors, do they tend to like a single example, or work on a complete set run of Zeenuts with coupon?

Are there people who are trying to put together complete Zeenut with coupon sets? Has anyone succeeded in such a set?

Do collectors tend to be player / team / HOF collectors?

It seems as if [from major auction history] that many HOFers from Zeenuts have had transactions of their cards with coupons. Is that an incorrect perception?

I'd love to hear any additional thoughts on this subject-

Cheers.