PDA

View Full Version : I didnt know ebay did this...

rainier2004
08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Recently I purchased a larger lot of some caramel cards of ebay at a negotiated price, paid paypal thru ebay. I had a bad feeling about the purchase, i have a lot of bad feelings on large purchases though but thims there was low feedback and a no return policy. I emailed and they said no returns on these raw cards. I saw scns of about 50% of the cards and pulled the trigger. What looked like and were described as crease were tears, and what looked like caramel stains was actually adhesive and the scanned half was much nicer than the half i didnt seeI asked for a full refund or partial w/ a new price. They contacted ebay who is making them accept a return. I am very thankful as this was both out of character for me and dumb, but i didnt think ebay would protect us this way, but then again the $$ is not in the account either.

Brendan
08-25-2011, 04:15 PM
eBay the past couple of years has been siding with buyers 95% of the time in cases. They have made it very hard for bad sellers, but because of this have grouped many of the good sellers in with the bad.

Doug
08-25-2011, 05:37 PM
I only sell graded cards and I put up clear scans so I always have checked the "returns not accepted" box mostly to discourage people from trying to return something because they changed their mind after they bought it or because they ended up disagreeing with the grade that the TPG gave after seeing it in person. The other day when I was listing some cards I noticed that if you check the "returns not accepted" box it says that the buyer is still allowed to return the item if it's not as described. I don't have a problem with taking an item back if I there was an error in the listing on my part, but it's almost like eBay is saying "We'll give you the choice of accepting returns or not, but basically you still have to accept returns either way".

egbeachley
08-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Item was "not as described"

Can you give us the sellers name so everyone can avoid him?