PDA

View Full Version : Baseball ticket tops $19,000 in recent auction

Scott Garner
08-25-2011, 06:45 AM
I posed the question last week to net54 members if anyone knew what was the hightest price ever realized in an auction for a baseball ticket.

It appears that we have a clear new winner. It was just announced that the only known full ticket to the 1933 All-Star game just sold for over $19,000 in the recent Memory Lane auction. That's a lot of jack! :eek:

The previous baseball ticket record holder sold for between $6,000 and $7,000- almost tripling the high.

Here is the link to the story for those of you that are interested:

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/1933-all-star-game-unused-ticket-tops-memory-lane-auction/

Streetsideguy
08-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Scott;

I am sure that 33 ticket will make a fine addition to your collection. Congrats on the pickup. LOL.

You know, if I owned the Jersey, or bat that Ruth used in the 33 All Star Game, I would be hard pressed not to want to add that ticket to my display. Would make a nice story when you are impressing your friends with your collection.

Jason

Scott Garner
08-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Scott;

I am sure that 33 ticket will make a fine addition to your collection. Congrats on the pickup. LOL.

You know, if I owned the Jersey, or bat that Ruth used in the 33 All Star Game, I would be hard pressed not to want to add that ticket to my display. Would make a nice story when you are impressing your friends with your collection.

Jason

Jason,
I definately did not buy the 33 AS full ticket at $19K ;), but would have to agree that it would be a great compliment to the items you mentioned!

mighty bombjack
08-25-2011, 08:58 PM
http://www.legendaryauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=86955

Scott Garner
08-25-2011, 09:05 PM
http://www.legendaryauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=86955

Bombjack,
WOW! I never saw this ticket's final sale price- $25K. :eek:
That's amazing! Thanks for providing the link!

mcgwirecom
08-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Hey Scott, I was looking at the final prices of the last Legendary auction (Aug. 24 & 25) They had a 1928 WS game 4 from STL where Ruth hit 3 HRs. It went for $2988 without the juice. Another stub was from Wilts 100 point game in Hershey, Pa. stub had tape residue and still brought $4182. But the high price was for Game 4 of the 1927 WS where the Yankees clinched a sweep. The stub supposedly belonged to Walter Johnson although they showed no proof of that. It sold for $5079.

Scott Garner
08-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Hey Scott, I was looking at the final prices of the last Legendary auction (Aug. 24 & 25) They had a 1928 WS game 4 from STL where Ruth hit 3 HRs. It went for $2988 without the juice. Another stub was from Wilts 100 point game in Hershey, Pa. stub had tape residue and still brought $4182. But the high price was for Game 4 of the 1927 WS where the Yankees clinched a sweep. The stub supposedly belonged to Walter Johnson although they showed no proof of that. It sold for $5079.

Thanks Randall. I hadn't checked yet to sell the final prices, but now I know.

I'm pretty certain that the 1927 WS game 7 was from the Walter Johnson family scrapbook assembled by Hazel Johnson, but Hank Thomas would know for sure since he would have been the one that sold this item (Walter's grandson as you know).

Pretty historic ticket obviously, plus it's pretty neat if it was in fact The Big Train's actual game ticket....