PDA

View Full Version : Poll- What size T-shirt do you wear?

Leon
08-22-2011, 07:58 AM
I want to do a quick poll as I will be getting the T-shirts officially on order today and want to get an idea of how many of each size to order. The 2 people that won contests are getting finished, sample copies sent to them. Don't worry, they are authentic and should grade numerically. Beckett has a new slab for them :).
Please only vote if you have at least a slight interest in getting one. I don't have the final prices but expect $22-$25 delivered. I could have saved about $5-$7 on each one but wanted them to be nice and I hope everyone likes them. The darker blue logos really came out nice looking. The shirts are the same as shown on the board except for that shading difference. For reference I think our model here (the lovely Ms. Chris) is about 5'9" and 185 and wears an XL. I am about 5'10" (and shrinking I think) and weigh about 220 (I am on a diet and losing weight though!!) and a 2XL is perfect for me. These are pre-shrunk 99% cotton. Thanks for the interest in them...

vintagetoppsguy
08-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Very nice looking shirts!

barrysloate
08-22-2011, 08:40 AM
I went with the medium...and they did come out really nice.

Ladder7
08-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Are they pre-shrunk?

http://blogs.lvcitylife.com/wp-content/media/2008/06/fat-guy-spandex.jpg

Leon
08-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Are they pre-shrunk?

http://blogs.lvcitylife.com/wp-content/media/2008/06/fat-guy-spandex.jpg

Yikes, that guy had some wishful thinking on size. Yes, they are pre-shrunk but just like any Cotton T-shirt they will no doubt shrink a little bit over time. I always like my T's a little loose so 2xl is best for me, especially after a few washing's.

bcbgcbrcb
08-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Like the shirts, Leon. I'll definitely be ordering one for myself.

alanu
08-22-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm trying to decide whether to get one of these t-shirts or just have "dork" tatoo'ed on my forehead... just kidding, they came out very nice!

ibuysportsephemera
08-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Quite a dilemma, normally I am a XL but sound a bit like Leon's description of himself, so I went with the 2x. Let me know who and where to send the money.

Thanks,

Jeff

Leon
08-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks to everyone that voted. There is no commitment just because you voted. I ordered 90 shirts and mostly right down the Poll list of sizes. Once they are in I will do a thread pertaining to ordering them. Once those are gone I will be placing another order for more, so if for some reason you miss out the first time, you will not have to wait too long for another chance. We had around 70 votes so I figured an extra 20, mixed between large and 2XL, would suffice for now. It will be about 2 weeks when they are in and ready to ship. Happy collecting....

wolfdogg
08-22-2011, 02:34 PM
where do i send the payment?

HRBAKER
08-22-2011, 03:21 PM
For the second in the series, might I suggest something in a nice Hawaiian style print. Something that would look good with jorts.

Leon
08-22-2011, 03:44 PM
For the second in the series, might I suggest something in a nice Hawaiian style print. Something that would look good with jorts.

Jeff- We'll work on that for the next ones :).

As far as where to send money, please hold tight. When the shirts come in I will start a thread with a paypal address or a physical address to send checks to...

teetwoohsix
08-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Just wanted to report back that the T shirt I won in the contest showed up last night (thanks again Leon :)) and they really came out nice- I was very impressed. Very happy to have one, also, thanks again for the contest !!!

Sincerely, Clayton

Leon
08-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Just wanted to report back that the T shirt I won in the contest showed up last night (thanks again Leon :)) and they really came out nice- I was very impressed. Very happy to have one, also, thanks again for the contest !!!

Sincerely, Clayton

You are welcome Clayton.

And a small update. It looks like shirts will be made later next week, if all goes as planned, and then shipped for delivery to me the next week (around 12 days total). Please DO NOT say you want one yet :). I took all of the numbers from this thread, added about 15 shirts, or so, to that number and ordered 150 shirts. Once in, I will do a thread and it will be first come first served. The price for them is going to be $23 each, delivered USPS with delivery confirmation, check or Paypal. Once this batch is gone I will no doubt order more. I will figure out a good way to RSVP them once they come in, in a few weeks. best regards

Leon
09-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi folks
First of all thanks to all have purchased a shirt so far. It's appreciated. We have had around 30 folks buy T-shirts so far. While there was absolutely no commitment to buy one if you voted (and of course still isn't), I was hoping most folks would, since that is sort of what I had asked in the voting.....(to only vote if you had an interest in buying one.) As you can see there is quite a disparity in the number bought (around 30) and the number I ordered (around 150). I don't mind this being a lifetime supply but it would be nice if a few of ya'll that voted will consider buying one, or if you didn't vote and want one, please do!! If you are a T-shirt guy, like a lot of us are, they are pretty nice. Except for a few shirts ordered today all have been shipped that were paid for. They are $23 ea, delivered, and paypal can go to leonl@flash.net, or to pay by check or MO, send an email to leonl@flash.net and I will give you my address. best regards

(if you bought one and would like another, feel free to order another, please :))

Jantz
09-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi Leon

Nice looking shirts. Put me down for an XL and I will Paypal you the money soon.

Jantz

09-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Leon, maybe if you make the T-Shirt thread a sticky it would help with sales?

mjmj1966
09-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Definitely ordering one of those. Please forward payment info when they're ready to go.

Leon
09-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Definitely ordering one of those. Please forward payment info when they're ready to go.

They have been ready to go for the last 2 days, as I have them in hand now, and all of the info is posted above. Thanks again.....

sam majors
09-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Leon,
I will buy 2 shirts. 3XL. Let me know how much and how you want paid.

Phil Arem
09-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Leon:
I'm a bit confused, how do you buy a shirt?
Please advise
thanks
Phil

Leon
09-09-2011, 12:27 PM
If you want a shirt please send $23 for ea, with your size, to paypal... leonl@flash.net

If you want to send a check then email me at the same email address for details. thanks