08-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Happened in the Nashville v Omaha game tonight

http://www.twitvid.com/CFK3O

FrankWakefield
08-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Sweet! Go Sounds...

sbfinley
08-21-2011, 04:17 AM
Wow. Go Sounds. I usually catch about a dozen or more Sounds games a year between going with friends and just catching an evening game by myself or with my wife. Greer Stadium is nice but the city has been trying for years now to get a much needed new stadium at either the old Sulfer Dell or downtown near the Titan's Stadium. (That play was not in Nashville. Just Saying.)

A neat Nashville Sounds story.

1. Three years ago, about a year after I got into pre-war collecting and found this forum, I was listening to the local sports talk radio station interview the new majority owner of the Sounds. Near the end of the interview the host brought up the fact that new owner was card collector and tried to talk (unsuccessfully) with him about it. After the token "my mom threw these cards out" statement from the host the new owner replied with something along the lines of "I don't own anything more recent than the Great Depression." He is from NYC and my jaw dropped when they restated his name...

Prepare to be as confused as I was. His name is Frank Ward.

Nope not that one.

birdman42
08-21-2011, 03:11 PM
The manager might like the result, but can't be too happy the kid's been taking fielding lessons from Canseco.

Bill

Jcfowler6
08-21-2011, 04:08 PM
I didn't know if I should laugh or applaud.

Brendan
08-21-2011, 05:17 PM
It's now on the front page of Yahoo News.... (for me) (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Minor-league-outfielder-uses-head-to-make-strang?urn=mlb-wp16659)

Exhibitman
08-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Beg to differ; Bill Wambsganss wins it. Unassisted in the WS.

slidekellyslide
08-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Beg to differ; Bill Wambsganss wins it. Unassisted in the WS.

Video or it didn't happen! :D

D. Bergin
08-21-2011, 11:37 PM
LOL! Had to watch it several times to make sure I saw what I thought I saw.

Kid did a great job just getting his glove on the ball to have a chance at it.

triwak
08-23-2011, 10:00 AM
So awesome, I had to post this to Facebook!!

packs
08-23-2011, 01:32 PM
I was lucky enough to be at the Yankees game when Randy Valarde recorded an unassisted triple play. My favorite part of triple plays is how confused everyone is after they happen.